Supervisor, Hydro Maintenance (Alta, CA)I'm Interested Date posted 01/13/2021
Requisition ID # 73281
Job Category : Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Supervisor
Business Unit: Generation
Job Location : Alta
PG&E’s Power Generation Department manages and operates the largest privately-owned hydroelectric system in the nation. These renewable electric generation resources, located mostly at high elevation in California mountain ranges including the Sierra Nevada and southern Cascade mountains include 68 powerhouses, 184 miles of canals, 41 miles of flumes, 135 miles of tunnels, 19 miles of penstocks, 99 reservoirs, and 142,000 acres of watershed lands all covered by 26 operating licenses issued by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC).
Responsible for the oversight and supervision for the repair and maintenance of a hydro-electric water conveyance system that includes canals, flumes, tunnels, penstocks, dams, reservoirs, access roads and thousands of acres of watershed land.
- Supervises the repair and maintenance of civil assets within a hydro-electric facility.
- Ensures maintenance work is timely, accurately and safely completed according to compliance standards and specifications.
- Performs routine safety observations of work in progress and Maintenance activities to ensure safe and proper work practices are adhered to.
- Responsible for developing and executing action plans to address deficiencies in process or employee skill/knowledge and track the progress of those plans.
- Provides guidance and technical interface with Operations, Engineering, Construction, and Project Management for asset repair and replacement strategies.
- Provides direct supervision, staffing, training, coaching and mentoring to IBEW employees in multiple crafts. Assigns work, prioritizes tasks, prepares work schedules and monitors employees.
- Responsible for identifying and developing recommendations for productivity improvements and executes corrective actions plans.
- Responsible for ensuring proper use of work management (SAP) and other tools to support effective management of the watershed assets and resources.
- Assists with the monitoring, tracking, and documentation of regulatory requirements related to hydro generation maintenance assignments.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Five (5) years of experience in hydro operations, maintenance, engineering, or related field
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Engineering, related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with Power Generation Maintenance Standards and Guidelines.
- Strong understanding of the IBEW Physical Contract
- Ability to manage maintenance activities within authorized budget and metrics.
- A firm knowledge of types of water Conveyance equipment and auxiliary systems with the ability to repair and replace (canals, flumes, penstocks, tunnels, bridges, roadways, intakes, outlets, fall protection, leakage monitoring systems, gage houses, elevated wood and concrete structures, dams, spillways, diversions, gates, valves, potable water systems, land use, third party development, septic and general building infrastructure)
- Firm knowledge of general permits required by external agencies for Civil maintenance activities
- Read and interpret civil drawings.
- Ability to identify and recommend new equipment and technologies and a bias for action.
- Leadership, decision making, team building, organizational, and interpersonal skills