Expert, Business Systems Specialist - Location Flexible
Requisition ID # 103302
Job Category : Information Technology; Business Operations / Strategy; Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
The mission of Electric Business Operations (EBO) is to advance the Electric Operations (EO) business with a strategic, executable, and affordable work plan. Within EBO, the “Work Tracking & Data Visualization” team works within a cross functional setup to ensure the following:
- Enable production and dissemination of EO metrics.
- Create transparency of work management around completions and productivity.
- Build dashboards for the LOBs, drive development, and data cleansing.
- Maintain databases for work management and execution metrics.
- Automate manual work by creating tools that increase efficiency.
- Conduct predictive work management for safety and compliance.
- Coordinate with other EBO teams, EO teams, and support teams.
- Provide clarity and documentation around systems and data objects.
This position proliferates timely, convenient, and efficient reporting that is touch-free via Tableau as a frontend and SQL as a backend. The successful candidate is responsible for translating data from various company systems of record already aggregated in our backend into meaningful and actionable information for leaders and stakeholders, gathering and implementing details for the automation of the entire reporting process.
The candidate possesses the following distinguishing characteristics:
- Experience in a large construction firm or utility resource management or portfolio management environment
- Business understanding of maintenance and construction organizations and their business processes.
- Good communication, facilitation, and presentation skills with various audiences
- Understands work readiness needs and is able to develop new reports, performs custom and ad-hoc reporting, working independently
- Determines data needs, collects data, selects from different analytical techniques to achieve desired analytical outcome
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data into actionable reporting for both operational leadership and upper management
- Conducts what-If analysis for different readiness scenarios to accommodate decision making processes
- Gathers and implements constituent parts of reporting processes to automate, without the need for an intermediary or a developer.
- Proficiency of various systems including MS Excel, Tableau, SAP AO / ECC, and ability to write SQL statements.
- Data Analysis: Compiles and analyzes data. Develop and maintains data models for analysis and other business purposes.
- Metrics and Reporting: Develops and tracks certain business metrics. Develops and maintains standard, custom and ad-hoc reports.
- Maintainability: builds automated reports to replace manual ones according to established maintainability standards to allow others to own or enhance the resulting work products.
- Business Process Improvement: Performs business process improvement activities in support of planning and reporting system enhancements. Activities may include developing, managing or coordinating business process re-engineering, change management, communication, and training.
- Works in a matrixed fashion with partners in EBO, EO and our supporting organizations to influence successful implementation of related planning and reporting system enhancements
- Determines appropriate department processes and performance metrics to ensure proper level of customer service (internal clients) is achieved
- Creates both operational level and leadership level reporting; ensures that the multiple levels of reporting data are congruent and actionable
- BS in Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering or related or equivalent working experience.
- 6 years of relevant or transferable job experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Technology, or Business Management preferred
- Demonstrated experience writing SQL statements
- Proficiency creating and refining Tableau visualizations
- Strong communication skills to effectively deal with peers and LOB sponsors
- Flexibility working with vague requirements and refining them until actionable
- Analytical problem solving and decision making.
- Knowledge of data analysis and modeling concepts, methods, techniques and best practices to create complex data models.
- Utility and/or large construction management business acumen and knowledge of business processes/operations in order to provide effective and appropriate data/information.