Routine Field Clerk (IBEW) Antioch
Requisition ID # 142391
Job Category: Administrative / Clerical
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Operations - Other
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Antioch
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
This is an International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 1245 represented classification, which has over 100 years of experience representing employees at PG&E. This job is subject to collective bargaining.
This position provides administrative support to the North Valley SM&C Superintendent primarily and could be asked to provide vacation relief of General Construction or Maintenance Crews in the organization. Responsibilities may include payroll processing, lodging coordination, personal expense processing, ordering and delivering materials to the work sites, scheduling meetings, creating OCR/PCR, communicating Weekly Maintenance On-call lists and various paperwork processing.
The Routine Field Clerk is a General Construction Title 300 position and individuals must be able to travel and transfer to a new headquarters upon request at any time including during emergency or storm response; throughout the entire PG&E service territory with no guarantees as to how long you will be away from home. This would require working in extreme weather and at remote locations. This position may require overtime depending on business need.
- Directly supports the North Valley SM&C Superintendent.
- Completes expense reports with supporting documentation; submits for approval and processing; handles lodging coordination.
- Reviews time cards for accuracy and inputs into the payroll system and submits for approval. Keeps daily contact with crew foreman for the time and calculates bus fare (mileage for transfers). Distributes checks. Completes change tags in the computer system.
- Orders materials and office supplies based on inventory and individual requests. Creates material Purchase Orders. Contacts vendor for pricing information. Delivers materials to job sites in the field.
- Reviews department operations and purchasing invoices for accuracy. Enters invoices into computer system for payment and submits requests and documentation to Accounts Payable department.
- Sorts and delivers interoffice mail.
- Performs order closure tasks.
- Generates and supplies construction crews with job packages.
- Completes and enters third-party or employee claims into computer system. Tracks and records claims.
- Records safety-related information and training information. Performs data entry for department including customer notification mileage information, paving work, application forms and service tags.
- Files paperwork, including employee bid sheets and employee files for the department.
- Provides administrative support to the department supervisor, including answering of phones, taking messages, scheduling meetings and preparing meeting agendas.
- Provides miscellaneous administrative support to employees which may include completing forms and applications, technical assistance, materials tracking, training, and coordinating Workers Compensation appointments as needed.
- S/T OEC Emergency member supporting the SM&C Superintendent when they are the Incident Commander for Substation. This has annual availability requirements when on call.
- Provide support during emergency events and wear FR clothing and boots.
- During a fire emergency event, must be able to sleep in sleepers and stay at Base Camp.
- Must possess a High School diploma or GED.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License by day 1 of employment.
- Ability to drive safely in all weather and road conditions.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to travel and transfer to a new headquarter upon request at any time; throughout the entire PG&E service territory with no guarantees as to how long you will be away from home.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 25-50 pounds.
- Ability to work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays, and various work schedules.
- Must be able to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as necessary.
- Ability to obtain forklift certification
- Data Entry experience
- SAP experience
- Ariba experience
- Ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Demonstrated experience with Payroll time entry
- Demonstrated experience with Concur expense reporting
- Graduate from the PowerPathway® Program
- Relevant Hiring Hall experience
- Relevant PG&E experience
- Previous Military experience
- To better represent the communities we serve, applicants who live within 50 miles of the headquarter location will be given preference
PG&E Employees: You must have qualified on all prerequisite tests prior to submitting an application, and all secondary tests prior to interviewing. For more information on prerequisite and secondary exams, including study guides, please visit the Pre-employment testing program website.
- Clerical Test Battery
- Typing Test-15WPM
- Work Orientation Inventory-Clerical