Welder - GC - Gas- Various Locations (IBEW)
Requisition ID # 121107
Job Category : Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Gas Operations
Gas Operations is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable flow of natural gas to our customers. Gas Operations is responsible for all aspects of PG&E's gas distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, restoration, and emergency response.
This is an IBEW Local 1245 represented classification, which has over 100 years of experience representing employees at PG&E and is subject to collective bargaining.
Journeymen Welders are expected to assist the foreman with planning and executing the day’s work to ensure the safety of the crew and the public while focusing on productivity. Ability to perform work responsibilities within line of progression. Work is predominantly outdoors and in all weather conditions. The position is a General Construction position and individuals must be able to travel and transfer to a new headquarters upon request at any time; throughout the entire PG&E service territory with no guarantees as to how long you will be away from home. Ability to travel greater than 50% time and work flexible schedules such as overtime hours, nights, weekends, and holidays. The individual must be able to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment.
This position may be subject to Joint Apprentice Training Committee (JATC) review and approval. Provisional hires will be required to participate in targeted training to achieve journey-level knowledge of the role and responsibilities.
This position is a DOT (Department of Transportation) covered classification and is subject to random drug and/or alcohol screening
This position will be used to fill vacancies in various regions through-out the PG&E service territory and may be headquartered in Antioch, Clovis, Fresno, Rocklin, Vacaville, and/ or Bakersfield. This is subject to change based on business needs.
• Install, repair, maintain, weld, fabricate and upgrade gas transmission and pipeline and
• Perform welding using various weld processes.
• Perform welding in construction and maintenance of pipeline facilities using various hand tools such as but not limited to tape measures, protractors, levels, framing squares, straight edges, and power cleaning tools.
• Must lead and provide a productive team environment.
• Maintain tools and equipment.
• Must work safely always as defined by PG&E’s safety standards and procedures.
• Must be able to read and comply with all required company standards and work procedures.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must possess a High School diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience.
• Must possess a valid California Driver’s license.
• Ability to work in all types of weather extremes.
• Ability to drive safely in all weather and road conditions.
• Ability to work extended hours, nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Ability to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment.
• Must be able to lift to 100 pounds a minimum of one time a day.
• Ability to travel and transfer to a new headquarter upon request at any time; throughout the entire PG&E service territory with no guarantees as to how long you will be away from home.
• Minimum of 5 years working as a Journeyman welder and/or completed a UA welder
- If hired as Provisional, must pass the provisional training plan within 12 months from hire date
- Previously qualified with American Petroleum Institute Standard 1104 Certification.
• Experience in laying out, cutting and fitting piping offsets in various diameters from ½” through 42” pipeline.
• 5 years of experience in pipeline welding construction.
• Completed the federally approved California State Certified Apprenticeship or possess equivalent skills and knowledge.
• Experience working at PG&E, or previous Hiring Hall experience, in a Journeyman Welder capacity.
• To better represent the communities, we serve for emergency response, applicants who live within 50 miles of the headquarter location will be given preference.
• Previous Military experience.
• Graduation from a PowerPathway® Program
PG&E Employees: You must have qualified on all prerequisite tests prior to submitting an application; and all secondary tests prior to interviewing. For more information on prerequisite and secondary exams, including study guides, please visit the Pre-employment testing program website.
- Journeyman Welder Math Assessment
- Physical Test Battery
- Journeyman Welder Knowledge Assessment
- Work Orientation Inventory-Physical/Technical Driving
- Journeyman Welder Skilled Assessment