Engineer Rotation Development Program (ERDP) - Power GenerationI'm Interested Date posted 01/13/2021
Requisition ID # 75663
Job Category : Engineering / Science
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Generation
Job Location : Auburn
Power Generation maintains and operates PG&E's hydroelectric, fossil and renewable generation facilities, providing more than 4,000 megawatts of generating capacity for our customers. We are an organization of nearly 700 men and women dedicated to deliver safe, reliable and cost-effective generation to California in an environmentally responsible manner. As an integral and active member of the company team, Power Generation contributes to PG&E's goal of becoming the leading utility in the United States.
The Engineer Rotation Development Program position is an 18-month rotation program that provides engineers an opportunity to gain meaningful engineering experience in up to three departments within Power Generation focused on improving PG&E’s network of electric generating facilities. Mentoring will be provided by Senior Engineers in Power Generation.
This position will spend time at generating facilities in support of engineering, Operations & Maintenance, and construction projects. The facilities are located in the foothills of and in the Sierra Nevada Mountain range between Fresno and Shasta. Common tasks expected will be engineering document review, drawing review and revision, field construction support, design work, and QC document and data collection, among others.
Rotational assignments may be assigned to any one of the engineering offices within the Hydro System (Redding, Burney, Chico, Auburn, and Auberry). PG&E may temporarily relocate individuals to any of these offices for one or more of the rotations.
Successful completion of the program will be determined by a panel and include obtaining an Engineer-in-Training Certificate. Successful candidates will be interviewed foran Associate Project Engineer position in a location based on the business needs of Power Generation.
- Qualified candidates will be receiving, or will have received a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering between May 2019 – June 2021
- Ability to present a valid Class C California Driver’s License (or higher) by Day 1 of hire
- Experience in utilities, drafting, project management, construction or engineering
- EIT certification
- Strong communication, organizational, problem solving and leadership skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and support team members
- Takes initiative and is flexible to embrace change in order to accomplish work
- Strong customer and safety focus