Power Generation Asset Strategy Analyst, Expert - Flexible Location
Requisition ID # 140311
Job Category: Power Generation
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Auburn; Oakland; Sacramento; San Francisco
Power Generation maintains and operates PG&E's hydroelectric, fossil and renewable generation facilities, providing more than 4,000 megawatts of generating capacity for our customers. We are an organization of nearly 700 men and women dedicated to deliver safe, reliable and cost-effective generation to California in an environmentally responsible manner.
PG&E’s Power Generation Department manages and operates the largest privately-owned hydroelectric system in the nation. These renewable electric generation resources, located mostly at high elevation in California mountain ranges including the Sierra Nevada and southern Cascade mountains include 68 powerhouses, 184 miles of canals, 41 miles of flumes, 135 miles of tunnels, 19 miles of penstocks, 99 reservoirs, and 142,000 acres of watershed lands all covered by 26 operating licenses issued by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC).
The Expert Strategy Analyst will work cross functionally with dam safety, asset management, operations, maintenance and other groups in Power Generation to provide analytical and business operations support. The ideal candidate will work with various data sources and tools, thinking strategically about optimal methods for structuring and presenting data. This role will be tasked with redeveloping existing report functionality, designing new reports, performing data analytics, and creating informational dashboards. The ideal candidate will have the ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects, build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives, translate new process into concrete and useful business workflow procedure.
- Conducts research and analyze complex data sets from various systems to develop recommendations and communicate key trends.
- Leads the creation, design and maintenance of dashboards and metric reports.
- Acts as a coordinator within Power Generation management to address and resolve business needs and issues.
- Conducts and integrates advanced trending and analysis of operating, maintenance, and investment metrics with asset strategies.
- Collaborates with other Power Generation groups to coordinate and align asset management input to the overall portfolio investment plan.
- Engages on business planning activities including economic analysis and risk assessment evaluation for projects/programs.
- Performs technical and advanced research, analysis, and develops/implements recommendations.
- Participates in the development of strategic asset, tactical operating plans, and related performance goals and metrics.
- Participates in business process improvement, quality control and other initiatives.
- May act as a representative for PG&E to the utilities industry, regulatory agencies, governmental bodies, and other organizations.
- Provide training, guidance, and instruction to lesser experienced asset strategy analysts.
- Bachelors Degree in Economics or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience in utility operations, electric
- Job-related experience, 6 years
- Masters Degree in Business Administration or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience in electric operations, 8 years
- AAFM-American Academy of Financial Management Certification
- ChEA-Chartered Economic Analyst certification
- CFA-Chartered Financial Analyst certification
- PMI-Project Management Institute PMP-Project Management Professional certification