Power Generation Asset Strategy Analyst, Senior - Auburn or San FranciscoI'm Interested Date posted 09/23/2020
Requisition ID # 65022
Job Category : Accounting / Finance
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Generation
Job Location : Auburn; San Francisco; San Francisco
Power Generation maintains and operates PG&E's hydroelectric, fossil and renewable generation facilities, providing more than 4,000 megawatts of generating capacity for our customers. We are an organization of nearly 700 men and women dedicated to deliver safe, reliable and cost effective generation to California in an environmentally responsible manner. As an integral and active member of the company team, Power Generation contributes to PG&E's goal of becoming the leading utility in the United States.
This position may be headquarered in Auburn or San Francisco.
The Senior Asset Strategy Analyst will work cross functionally with dam safety, asset management, operations, maintenance and other groups in Power Generation to provide analytical and business operations support. The ideal candidate will work with various data sources and tools, thinking strategically about optimal methods for structuring and presenting data, and putting strategy into action. This role will be tasked with redeveloping existing report functionality, designing new reports, performing data analytics, and creating informational dashboards. The ideal candidate will have the ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects, build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives, translate new process into concrete and useful business workflow procedure.
- Bachelors Degree in Economics or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Job-related experience, 4 years
- Masters Degree in Business Administration or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- PMI-Project Management Institute
- PMP-Project Management Professional certification
- ChEA-Chartered Economic Analyst certification
- CFA-Chartered Financial Analyst certification
- AAFM-American Academy of Financial Management Certification
- Job-related experience, 6 years
- Knowledge of relevant federal, state, and local regulations and laws – for example FERC, NERC, CAISO, CPUC - as needed to perform at the job level
- Knowledge of project management theories, concepts, methods, best practices, and techniques as needed to perform at the job level
- Knowledge of RCA-Root Cause Analysis theories, concepts, methods, best practices, and techniques as needed to perform at the job level
- Ability to apply project management theories, concepts, methods, best practices, and techniques as needed to perform at the job level
- Competency in adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
- Competency in developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Competency in making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Understands business needs, develops new reports and performs custom/ad-hoc reports working independently. Presents findings to various audiences.
- Conducts research, data analysis and reporting in support of business decision making, strategy and operations.
- Proactively research, analyze complex data sets from various systems to develop recommendations and communicate key trends.
- Conducts complex economic analysis and risk assessment evaluation for projects/programs.
- Prepare periodical data reports to provide management accurate and timely information to support decision making and to optimize business strategies and portfolio performance.
- Performs and integrates complex trending and analysis of operating, maintenance, and investment metrics with asset strategies.
- Collaborates with other Power Generation groups to coordinate and align asset management input to the overall portfolio investment plan.
- Participates with the development of strategic asset, tactical operating plans, and related performance goals and metrics.
- Participates in business process improvement, quality control and other initiatives.
- Evaluates business processes, conducts workflow analysis and create documentation as needed.
- Provide training, guidance, and instruction to lesser experienced asset strategy analysts.
- May act as a representative for PG&E to the utilities industry, regulatory agencies, governmental bodies, and other organizations.