Power Generation Business Planner
Requisition ID # 142804
Job Category: Business Operations / Strategy; Power Generation; Project / Program Management
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Auberry
The Power Generation organization maintains and operates PG&E's hydroelectric, natural gas, solar generation and battery storage facilities providing approximately 5,300 megawatts of generating capacity for our customers. We are an organization of nearly 900 men and women dedicated to delivering safe, reliable and cost-effective generation to California in an environmentally responsible manner.
The Power Generation Business Planner team supports the Portfolio Strategy and Hydro Licensing department, which is responsible for long-term strategy development and implementation for PG&E’s non-nuclear generation portfolio, including the relicensing and license compliance activities required for PG&E’s 25 FERC-licensed Hydro Projects, as well as operational and financial performance management.
The Power Generation Business Planner team acts as the financial liaison between Finance and O&M, Asset Management, Strategic and Project Planning, Project Execution, and/or Licensing. Ensures that all management reporting needs are met in a timely manner with consistent, high quality, reports and data. Develops annual budget plans, monthly expense & capital forecasts, longer term forecasts, and a General Rate Case forecast. Establishes and maintains SAP orders and asset settlement rules, manages asset records, book values and establishes new asset records, as required. Participates in and at times leads negotiations including new contracts, ancillary agreements, cost-sharing agreements, and contract dispute resolution. Provides guidance to administrative personnel on payroll, accounting, procurement, and contracting issues.
This work location may be flexible.
- Continuously works with Planning
- Lead in the development and maintenance of Long-Term Plan in EPPM. Supports prioritization of work for annual funding.
- Supports annual order detail planning.
- Develops annual budget plans. Monitor, forecast and report on budget performance.
- Supports trade process for annual budget.
- Provides ad hoc analysis and research supporting approved budgets, PCC Standards, monthly expense & capital forecasts.
- Collaborates with various teams to develop and maintain work plans, including but not limited to monitoring of costs and purchasing activities (PCard, contracts).
- Provide SAP order management support. Reviews accounting to ensure accounting details (e.g., MWCs, regulatory categories, MAT codes, etc.) are used correctly.
- Reviews Job Estimates to validate accounting treatment is correct for planned scope of work, ensure sufficient budget is secured, and settlement rules are appropriate.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Job-related experience, 1 year
- Job-related experience, 3 years
- Proficiency in entering and extracting data from SAP, BPC, and AO.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Corporate Accounting rules and general understanding of GAAP.
- Basic knowledge of the Power Generation business