Power Generation Engineering Assistant II (ESC) - Construction Records (Multiple Locations)
Requisition ID # 85944
Job Category : Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Generation
PG&E’s Power Generation Department manages and operates the largest privately-owned hydroelectric system in the nation. These renewable electric generation resources, located mostly at high elevation in California mountain ranges including the Sierra Nevada and southern Cascade mountains include 68 powerhouses, 184 miles of canals, 41 miles of flumes, 135 miles of tunnels, 19 miles of penstocks, 99 reservoirs, and 142,000 acres of watershed lands all covered by 26 operating licenses issued by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC).
Positions located in Auburn and Redding, CA.
Performs full range of advance duties under guidance. Many assignments are at a high level of knowledge related to documentation of design, construction, maintenance, or operation of the Company's hydro generation plants and facilities.
Supports the issuance of engineering and construction records, tracking and record keeping, coordination with engineers, project management, contractors, operations and maintenance personnel and various other PG&E stakeholders. Maintains and provides project documentation and status as requested.
•Two years technical college or equivalent experience
- Places personal, co-work and pubic safety as the highest priority in all work activities.
- Works independently and is responsible for document and drawing management in their watersheds (and associated generation powerhouses, associated facilities and switching centers).
- Tracks and keeps records of engineering and construction drawings and CAD files.
- Generates and manages operations and maintenance drawing change orders.
- Coordinates with engineers, project management, contractors, operations and maintenance and various other Company stakeholders.
- Supports the issuance of vendor drafting and printing contracts.
- Maintains project files and provides project documentation and status as requested.
- Travels and performs work onsite at various Company generation facilities while adhering to all company safety procedures including wearing company required PPE (personal protective equipment).
- Scheduling and coordinating site visits with operations and maintenance/engineering.
- Performs occasional CAD drafting work to assist in job completion.
- Creates and updates various reports related to drawing/document management and processes.