Senior Design Engineer
Requisition ID # 147442
Job Category: Power Generation; Engineering / Science
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Auburn
PG&E’s Power Generation Department manages and operates the largest privately-owned hydroelectric system in the nation. These renewable electric generation resources, located mostly at high elevation in California mountain ranges including the Sierra Nevada and southern Cascade mountains include 68 powerhouses, 184 miles of canals, 41 miles of flumes, 135 miles of tunnels, 19 miles of penstocks, 99 reservoirs, and 142,000 acres of watershed lands all covered by 26 operating licenses issued by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC).
Under supervision, performs work required of a Design Engineer and, in addition, performs advanced work requiring specialized knowledge and experience and directs the work of other employees performing design work for a job, project, or portions thereof. Checks for general and overall coordination of the various branches of the work involved.
This is an ESC represented exempt classification currently subject to collective bargaining.
PG&E is providing the hourly rate that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This position is subject to collectively bargained hourly wage rates and increases. The starting wage rate for this position is $59.78-$75.72 per hour. This wage rate is specific to the locality of the job. The wage rate is based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, collective bargaining agreements, and internal equity.
- Directs (under supervision) the work of other employees performing design work for a job, project, or portions thereof.
- Checks (under supervision) for general and overall coordination of the various branches of the work involved.
- Performs (under supervision) advanced work requiring specialized knowledge and experience.
- Bachelor's degree in the appropriate field of engineering from a recognized college or Company experience and supplemental education which demonstrate the ability to perform the duties in the field of engineering in which the classification is utilized. The successful completion of the Engineer in Training Examination of the California Board of Civil and Professional Engineers will also be taken into account when promotions to this classification are being considered.
- Must have extensive experience in design work or the equivalent in experience and ability.
- AutoCAD or MicroStation experience is preferred
- Knowledge of construction and maintenance terminology, processes, and procedures as needed to perform at the job level
- Knowledge of engineering codes and standards as needed to perform at the job level
- Knowledge of relevant federal, state, and local construction codes and standards as needed to perform at the job level