Supervisor, Hydro Planning
Requisition ID # 145917
Job Category: Power Generation; Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level: Supervisor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Auburn
PG&E’s Power Generation Department manages and operates the largest privately-owned hydroelectric system in the nation. These renewable electric generation resources, located mostly at high elevation in California mountain ranges including the Sierra Nevada and southern Cascade mountains include 68 powerhouses, 184 miles of canals, 41 miles of flumes, 135 miles of tunnels, 19 miles of penstocks, 99 reservoirs, and 142,000 acres of watershed lands all covered by 26 operating licenses issued by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC).
The Hydro Construction (GC) Planning Supervisor will support GC Planning full time. The GC Planning Supervisors will report directly to the Resource Planning Manager. This Supervisor will be assigned regionally to the South. The Southern Area will entail Drum, Motherlode and Southern Area. This geographic assignment will mean that each Supervisor supports three Construction Supervisors in the planning phases. This position location is flexible and could be housed or headquartered in any of the supported regional locations. This job will include weekly travel to project sites to support their planning employees. The headquarters will be determined by the Supervisor. Formal performance management will be the responsibility of the Resource Planning Manager with input from the local area Supervisors.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity. Although we estimate the successful candidate hired into this role will be placed towards the middle or entry point of the range, the decision will be made on a case-by-case basis related to these factors.
A reasonable salary range is:
Bay Area Minimum: $128,000
Bay Area Maximum: $218,000
California Minimum: $122,000
California Maximum: $207,000
Be a leader safety in every part of the planning phase.
- Directly supervises, mentors, and evaluates bargaining unit ESC planning staff.
- Provides planning leadership in a fast paced, high-pressure environment while maintaining focus and strategic thinking.
- Conducts job walkdowns and field oversight of planning activities.
- Performs quality reviews of work documents
- Provides regular communication to Planning team as to milestones, goals, and expectations.
- Ensures safety and human performance are considered for all planned work activities, and work is planned and scheduled to minimize hazard exposure.
- Manage and drive team in the support of PG-2498S closeout
- Review and approve timecards
- Manage Trainings
- Manage non-productive time
- Validate and review north resources and all GC projects are resourced properly.
- Present in Kick-off, 90-, 60-, 30-, and 15-day project meetings and drive PG-1402P-02 deliverables.
- Review project estimates and validate earned value
- Drive LEAN management tools and DOR, WOR, and MOR’s with team
- Manage all compliance tracking delivered by your team.
- Track and review GC deliverables in your region (Estimates, Schedules, and Closeout)
- Goal setting and yearly performance management aligned with the ESC contract
- Manage team within the parameters of ESC contract guidelines.
- High School or GED-General Educational Development-GED Diploma
- Experience in power generation, or related, 5 years
- Required to travel at least 25% of the time with occasional overnight stays
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent experience
- Previous supervisory experience
- Previous work management experience
- Experience in hydro construction, maintenance, operations, engineering, or related power plant experience.
- Experience with SAP, Microsoft Office, and Excel
- Knowledge of Hydro operations and associated equipment.
- Written and verbal communication skills