Work Plan Portfolio Specialist, Expert (Power Platform Developer)
Requisition ID # 151187
Job Category: Power Generation; Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Auburn
PG&E’s Power Generation Department manages and operates the largest privately-owned hydroelectric system in the nation. These renewable electric generation resources, located mostly at high elevation in California mountain ranges including the Sierra Nevada and southern Cascade mountains include 68 powerhouses, 184 miles of canals, 41 miles of flumes, 135 miles of tunnels, 19 miles of penstocks, 99 reservoirs, and 142,000 acres of watershed lands all covered by 26 operating licenses issued by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC).
The Work Plan Portfolio Specialist- Power Platform Developer plans and/or monitors an assigned department’s annual and/or multi-year work plan portfolio of jobs by creating tools & applications using power platforms (Power Apps, Power BI, Power Automate) . Incumbents collaborate with stakeholders to plan and/or track the execution of work related to the overall portfolio by driving the creation of high quality tools and applications and/or analyzing the work performance and execution efficiency of work in the portfolio. The Specialist establishes methods to gather data and requirements from leadership, finance, project management, operations and other datasets for the portfolio/work plan and development of tools, applications & reports. Specialists may utilize customized software and/or ERP systems to manage & extract data and may be involved in driving the adoption of newly developed tools, applications, planning systems and related processes across different departments. The incumbents strive to keep the portfolio/ work plan balanced with costs and resource availability using the tools, applications and ERP Systems available.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity. Although we estimate the successful candidate hired into this role will be placed towards the middle or entry point of the range, the decision will be made on a case-by-case basis related to these factors.
A reasonable salary range is:
California Minimum: $108,000
California Maximum: $173,000
- Using Power Platform, develop new or better reports, tools & applications based on assessment of stakeholder needs, resource planning trends and to provide better clarity and quality data for effective leadership decision making.
- Closely manages work progression. Design, construct, maintain and troubleshoot an organizational PG&E data architecture to be in compliance with enterprise IT requirements as it relates to various tools and applications being used across PG&E. Analyzes issues and develops solutions to resolve.
- Liaison with PG&E enterprise IT SME’s, department tools SME’s and department data scientists.
- Technically lead & support the line of business tools, applications and databases.
- Lead special initiatives for tools/application development or enhancements. Work With PG&E IT for related enhancement discussions.
- Participates in and may lead cross-department continuous process improvement efforts to improve efficiencies and quality.
- Collaborates with team members on most effective field rollout of process, tool and/or reporting changes.
- Monitors, prepares regular reports and presents status to senior management. Organizes and leads cross functional stakeholder meetings to review analysis of resource plans, gaps in plan and financials/budgets. Discusses and recommends solutions.
- Applies subject matter expertise to wide-ranging planning processes and challenges. Works independently on projects and issues of large scope and high complexity, requiring evaluation of abstract variables
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, technical field or equivalent related experience
- 7 years of total related experience such as integrated or strategic portfolio/work planning in an electric utility or related field
- Expert in SQL and/or Power Platform Development using PowerApps, Power Automate, Power BI to develop/enhance tools, applications, reports and processes.
- Database design & management, Advanced Experience to write queries to SQL to generate reports, integrate systems data and develop reporting for KPI’s and data sharing.
- Experience in data mapping, gathering requirements, delivering gap analysis and management processes documents, translating the business requirements into clear technical solutions, modelling and testing the complex data-models, business cases, reports and dashboards.
- Ability to Develop interactive visual reports and dashboards using Power BI to empower data driven decisions across multiple departments
- Advanced technical skills using systems and applications such as SAP Work Management, SAP Business Warehouse (BW), Primavera, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint to develop reports, analyses, and deliver presentations.
- Advanced data analysis skills, knowledgeable in collecting data, organizing, synthesizing, reporting, recognizing trending and anomalies, drawing conclusions and developing recommendations.
- Advanced knowledge in project/work scheduling concepts, methods and practices.
- Thorough understanding of business and or industry drivers to help influence decision making.
- Team leadership and effective collaboration skills.
- Influence and negotiation to gain agreement from various stakeholders.