Nuclear Maintenance Supervisor
Requisition ID # 145858
Job Category: Nuclear Generation
Job Level: Supervisor
Business Unit: Generation
Work Type: Onsite
Job Location: Avila Beach
Diablo Canyon Power Plant (DCPP) safely and reliably produces electricity that is environmentally responsible and cost effective for our customers and shareholders. DCPP's mission is to be the leading nuclear power plant in the country and to: Inspire and positively influence the industry through our safe, reliable, and excellent operational performance. Embrace new ideas to continuously improve our plant and our work environment. Proactively learn from ourselves and others. Enrich our communities and the environment, increasing the public's trust and confidence in nuclear power.
Oversees preventative and corrective maintenance activities, calibration, troubleshooting, and upgrades for Electrical disciplines.
To obtain and maintain employment and unescorted access at DCPP, you must be able to pass a drug and alcohol screen, a security background check, psychological screen, computer-based training, and be subject to random drug and alcohol screening.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity. We would not anticipate that the individual hired into this role would land at or near the top half of the range described below, but the decision will be dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.
A reasonable salary range is:
California Minimum: $122,000
California Maximum: $207,000
- Balances cost, productivity, customer satisfaction, and problem resolution. Sets expectations and holds individuals accountable.
- Ensures that equipment functions properly by implementing an effective maintenance program and resolving equipment problems in a timely manner and in accordance with plant procedures.
- Maximizes job efficiency by: removing barriers, sharing resources, ensuring necessary coordination, and providing effective turnover information.
- Monitors work in the field for quality workmanship and ensure procedure and work order adherence.
- Performs post job critiques and promotes documentation of lessons learned and operating experience.
- Performs pre-job tailboards. Ensures that craft leaving tailboards have a thorough understanding of their responsibilities.
- Shares ownership of the training required within supervisor’s area of responsibility. Performs management observations and look for areas of improvement that would benefit group.
- Supervises a team of Bargaining Unit employees
- Works with department leadership to share the collective responsibilities for maintaining the department, housekeeping, problem solving, training, assisting peers.
- High School or GED-General Educational Development-GED Diploma
- Four years of industrial electrical experience
- Bachelors Degree in job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Leadership experience, job-related, 1 year