Nuclear Maintenance Supervisor
Requisition ID # 146409
Job Category: Nuclear Generation
Job Level: Supervisor
Business Unit: Generation
Work Type: Onsite
Job Location: Avila Beach
Diablo Canyon Power Plant (DCPP) safely and reliably produces electricity that is environmentally responsible and cost effective for our customers and shareholders. DCPP's mission is to be the leading nuclear power plant in the country and to: Inspire and positively influence the industry through our safe, reliable, and excellent operational performance. Embrace new ideas to continuously improve our plant and our work environment. Proactively learn from ourselves and others. Enrich our communities and the environment, increasing the public's trust and confidence in nuclear power.
Responsible for preventative and corrective maintenance activities, calibration, troubleshooting, and upgrades for Instrument & Control Systems including: Installed instrumentation, process control systems, electrical protective devices, nuclear core detection system, reactor control and protective system, control rod system, radiation monitoring systems, feedwater systems, turbine control systems, security systems and metrology.
Supervises a team of bargaining unit employees, assigns tasks, administers discipline.
Requires traveling up to 10% of time
To obtain and maintain employment, you must be able to pass a drug and alcohol screen, a security background check for unescorted access to a nuclear plant, psychological screen, and be subject to random drug and alcohol screening in fulfillment of federal requirements.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity. Although we estimate the successful candidate hired into this role will be placed towards the middle or entry point of the range, the decision will be made on a case-by-case basis related to these factors.
A reasonable salary range is:
California Minimum: $122,000
California Maximum: $207,000
- Performs pre-job briefs. Ensures that craft leaving briefs have a thorough understanding of their roles, responsibilities and any industrial, nuclear, regulatory, or production risks associated with their task
- Monitors work in the field for behavior to standards, quality workmanship and ensures work instructions meet department standard for technical detail.
- Maximizes job efficiency by: removing barriers, sharing resources, ensuring necessary coordination, and providing effective turnover information.
- Performs post job critiques and promotes documentation of lessons learned and operating experience.
- Ensures that equipment functions properly by implementing an effective maintenance program and resolving equipment problems in a timely manner and in accordance with plant procedures.
- Balances cost, productivity, customer satisfaction, and problem resolution. Sets expectations and holds individuals accountable.
- Shares ownership of the training required within supervisor’s area of responsibility. Performs management observations and identifies areas of improvement that would benefit group.
- Works with department leadership to share the collective responsibilities for maintaining the department, housekeeping, problem solving, training, assisting peers.
- May be responsible for determination of instrumentation and control irregularities for equipment associated with the reactors, turbines, generators and other associated equipment.
- May be responsible for the coordination of the Instrument Department's Outage and Training Schedules.
- Supports the Emergency Response Organization and be able to meet the 90-minute response time necessary to fulfill the Operations Support Center I&C Coordinator position.
- High school diploma
- Four years of I&C experience
- Industrial Instrumentation and Controls experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- One year of related supervisory experience
- Familiarity with non-destructive testing
- Understanding of electrical, pressure vessel, and piping codes
- Experience with the operation and maintenance of commercial Pressurized Water Reactors
- Scheduling experience including Primavera familiarity