Nuclear Procedure Writer-Technical
Requisition ID # 145523
Job Category: Nuclear Generation
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Generation
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Avila Beach
Diablo Canyon Power Plant’s (DCPP) mission is to safely generate clean, reliable, and affordable energy for California’s hometowns. Embrace new ideas to continuously improve our plant and our work environment. Proactively learn from ourselves and others. Enrich our communities and the environment, increasing the public's trust and confidence in nuclear power.
This is an ESC represented exempt classification currently subject to collective bargaining.
This position is a journey level Procedure Writer – Technical position responsible for administrative and maintenance procedure writing work at Diablo Canyon Power Plant (DCPP).
To obtain and maintain employment, you must be able to pass a drug and alcohol screen, a security background check for unescorted access to a nuclear plant, psychological screen, and be subject to random drug and alcohol screening in fulfillment of federal requirements.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, collective bargaining agreements, and internal equity. Although we estimate the successful candidate hired into this role will be placed towards the middle or entry point of the range, the decision will be made on a case-by-case basis related to these factors.
A reasonable salary range is:
California Minimum: $109,944
California Maximum: $157,752
- Write, revise, and review administrative and maintenance procedures per administrative requirements
- Gather research information through interviews, field walkdowns, and review of the design bases, licensing bases, and operating experience
- Determine effective implementation methods and strategies based on benefits, risks, and cost
- Evaluate and determine applicability of all input to ensure compliance with requirements
- Maintain files and records of the research and final documentation, including any technical basis and calculations
- Generate and revise procedure basis documents and calculations
- Provide complete history documentation for each procedure change
- Screen procedure change requests for suitability and clarity and provide feedback as necessary
- Sponsor changes to procedures
- Sponsor other discipline procedure changes if technically knowledgeable of the changes
- Facilitate procedure changes and assist plant personnel in the use and interpretation of procedures
- Provide technical assistance to plant personnel in areas of expertise
- Perform independent technical reviews of procedures if qualified and as directed by management
- Participate in project and/or schedule development to coordinate and integrate procedure support with activities of other site organizations
- Participate in industry groups as approved by management
- May participate in an assigned Emergency Response Organization position (may be part of an on-call duty team)
- ANSI/ANS 3.1 qualification for the specific position, a Bachelor's Degree in engineering or the physical sciences as appropriate and three years of professional level experience in the field of specialty, or eight years of power plant experience in the field of specialty
- Subject matter expert level knowledge and experience in the area of specialty (e.g., electrical maintenance, I&C, mechanical maintenance, administrative)
- Knowledge and experience with DCPP administrative processes, systems, structures, components, and facilities
- Ability to obtain and maintain a procedure sponsor qualification in a reasonable amount of time
- Ability to obtain and maintain a 10CFR 50.59/72.48 screen qualification in a reasonable amount of time
- Basic computer literacy and the ability to become proficient in procedure related software and applications in a reasonable amount of time
- Participation in activities to improve job-specific skills
- Good oral and written communication skills