Field Engineer - ESC (Bakersfield)
Requisition ID # 141140
Job Category: Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Gas Operations
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Bakersfield
Gas Construction Record Quality Control group responsibilities are for the safe and accurate documentation of record after completion of construction projects on gas Transmission and Distribution assets. Gas Construction Record Quality Control group ensures projects final as built are in compliance with PG&E standards and regulatory requirements. Gas Construction Record Quality Control group also works with contractors to complete construction projects throughout the PG&E system on various types of projects.
This position is represented by Engineers and Scientists of California (ESC) and is subject to collective bargaining.
This position is responsible for completing project reviews of distribution and transmission gas As-Built packages. Once as built package are determined to meet PG&E standard, they are sent to another department for archival of the work done in PG&E system of record.
This position is a DOT (Department of Transportation) covered classification and is subject to random drug and/or alcohol screening.
Travel is estimated to be about 90% of the time with some overnight stays.
- Provides technical expert reviews of documentation
- Uses computer to do research, write report, correspondence and e-mail; compiles, copies, files and mails reports; uses phone, copier, scanner, fax machines; reproduces maps, plans, diagrams and drawings;
- Meet at different location with Engineer to proceed with reviews
- Reviews all regional As-Built packages for 100% accuracy
- Communicates with peers, supervisors and other departments involved within a project to report on review findings
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Construction disciplines; or 2 years experience and supplemental education which establishes the ability to perform the duties. Supplemental education is defined as coursework emphasizing science and engineering such as those listed with a mix of no less than three areas (transcripts needed for verification): Physics, Principles of Electricity, Chemistry, Statics, Surveying, Dynamics, Math -- including trigonometry and basic calculus, and minimum of 30 quarter or 20 semester units at an accredited college is required. Acquiring an Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certificate will satisfy the supplemental education requirement.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess a valid California Driver's License
- Engineering experience
- Ability to demonstrate intermediate to advance Microsoft Access ,Excel, Word, Outlook skills
- Experience in transmission and distribution of gas Construction
- Engineer In Training (EIT) certificate
- AutoCAD or hand draft skills, preferably both
- Ability to demonstrate strong math and computer skills, strong written and verbal communication and an attention to detail
- 6 months of previous Quality control background
- Ability to work flexible schedules, extended hours, nights, weekends, and/or overtime (scheduled or ad hoc)
- Ability to drive safely in all weather and road condition
- Ability to travel and transfer to a new headquarter upon request at any time; throughout the entire PG&E service territory with no guarantees as to how long you will be away from home
- Ability to read construction drawing
- Previous experience with SAP
- Must be able to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Fire Retardant Clothing