Senior Electric Distribution Engineer (ESC), Reliability - Flexible LocationI'm Interested Date posted 11/04/2020
Requisition ID # 68326
Job Category : Engineering / Science
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location : San Ramon
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
This position is represented by Engineers and Scientists of California (ESC) subject to collective bargaining.
This position will be responsible for implementing programs required to modernize the electric grid allowing for safe, resilient and efficient operations. This position will include participating in a cross functional team of internal and consulting participants being tasked with leading the transition of a project from development and testing to being operational for each phase of each project.
- As assigned, support and drive Outage Review process, lead regional outage review team (ORT) meetings including development of necessary reliability reports.
- As assigned, support benchmarking with other utilities.
- May be assigned to prepare regulatory reliability reports, support General Rate Case efforts and other regulatory proceedings as an asset program assistant. Responds to associated data requests as required.
- Works with limited guidance to complete assignments of broad scope and complexity with few precedents or standards.
- Participates in prioritization and funding for distribution programs.
- As assigned, provide technical training, coaching, and mentoring to lower level engineers.
- Work on revising work processes, asset strategy, risk analysis, standards updates, program management, data analytics, committees and special assignments.
- May be assigned to prepare regulatory reliability reports, support General Rate Case efforts and other regulatory proceedings as an asset program assistant.
- As assigned, support efforts to review and collect information related to possible ignition events.
- Travel throughout system, communicating deployment and training plan/messages to regional and division teams as required.
- Hold self and other employees accountable for implementation of the safety pledge, USP 22, the code of safe practices and the safety accountability model.
- Partner with leadership, peers, staff departments and matrix organizations to improve overall business results.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from a college or university accredited by Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET)
- 8 years of experience in engineering and design
- Professional Engineer Electrical license
- Experience as Electric Distribution Engineer
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple large scale, large budget, complex projects with limited supervision.
- Demonstrate effective communication and presentation skills.
- Applies extensive knowledge of concepts, principles, and practices in a specific discipline, field, or area of expertise to resolve complex problems.
- Takes ownership of problems and their solutions and provides leadership, direction, and assistance to technical employees and teams. Coaches and develops others.
- Recognizes and actively seeks value added improvements to the system.
- Recommends and assists in implementation of strategic direction