Hydro Support Internship
Requisition ID # 142381
Job Category: Administrative / Clerical
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Shared Services
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Chico
The hydro support team in land management provides a broad range of land management and real estate support to Power Generation's Hydro Operations staff. The professionals on the land department's hydro Support team have a diverse range of professional training, with experience in land conservation and commercial real estate transactions, conservation easement stewardship, surveying, biology, land rights, land planning, law, project management, and habitat restoration. The lands managed by this team extend throughout the service territory and include such areas as Lake Almanor and Bucks Lake in the north, Lake Pillsbury in the west and Bass Lake in the south.
A hydro support program support analyst is responsible for supporting land agents and supervisor in overall management of hydro operations lands inside and out of FERC (Federal Energy Regulatory Commission) jurisdiction. This support will include management of 1600+ property management agreements and the relationships with those tenants and licensees. The duties include careful attention to the drafting and storage of professional land related documents in the system of record, property inspections at appointed intervals, and management of insurance protection as required by the agreements issued.
Hydro support is looking for a talented summer intern to help support the compliant, efficient, and systemic management of hydro generation lands and the conservation efforts including the following initiatives.
- Researching and updating key records in Salesforce for improved tenant and licensee relationships
- Conducting on site inspections of lease and license areas around watersheds
- Inputting inspection results and taking appropriate actions to protect PG&E’s land rights as needed
- Learning property and land rights managed by PG&E and supporting land agents
- Developing more efficient systems for managing records, property management, and tenant relations for hydro support
The successful intern will have the opportunity to lead and/or support activities as described above working with a team of experienced land agents. Additionally, the intern will gain knowledge of the larger land management organization through the work they will be performing.
- Earning a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in surveying, environmental management, land contracts or related field
- Students must be continuing education towards degree during and/or after the internship
- Must have a valid driver’s license or obtain one at least 30 days prior to start date.
- 3.0 GPA or greater in both cumulative GPA and major GPA
- Property management, contract management, or land document experience
- Ability to work in a team environment and support fellow team members
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Takes initiative and can work independently with minimal direction
PG&E typically is unable to provide VISA sponsorship to students on an F-1, J-1 or other student visa for this position. Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.