Internal Estimating & Design Supervisor- Chico Design Center
Requisition ID # 120862
Job Category : Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Supervisor
Business Unit: Electric Engineering
The Coworkers of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
Provides quality electric designs, cost estimates and other related services for internally planned and externally generated work. Ensures internal and external customer needs are met in a safe, reliable, efficient, affordable and environmentally responsible manner.
Successful candidate should expect to travel to Chico, CA and other PG&E locations on an as needed basis for meetings/trainings etc.
- Provides oversight on department work plans and directs others in managing and delivering on work plans based on priorities.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with business units and external agencies.
- Maintains a safe office working environment. Ensures compliance with Tariff regulations.
- Modifies existing approaches, processes and tools in order to meet the unique needs of the customer.
- Leads and coordinates teams to develop and implement service solutions for complex service issues.
- Assists in developing and tracking metrics that provide data for process measurement, business operations or risk assessment.
- Collaborates with leaders and stakeholders to work on issues, projects or activities.
- Leads the work with department to develop budget (expense, capital, and expenditures) and monitor, forecast and report on budget performance.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- 3 years of job-related experience
- 2 years of utility/construction/urban planning experience including experience with service planning, estimating, project management, technical customer service and/or other relevant experience.
- Valid Drivers’ License
- Leadership experience
- Knowledge of database and information systems – for example EES, SCADA, EMS, OMT, OIS, SAP, ERP, COSO, Teradata, COBIT, QuestionMark - as needed to perform at the job level.
- Knowledge of safety policies, theories, concepts, methods, best practices, and techniques as needed to perform at the job level.
- Competency in adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products - for example Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access – as needed to perform at the job level.
- Competency in applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization goals.
- Competency in interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Competency in relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to apply project management theories, concepts, methods, best practices, and techniques as needed to perform at the job level.
- Knowledge of relevant federal, state, and local regulations and laws – for example FERC, NERC, CAISO, CPUC - as needed to perform at the job level.
- Competency in securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Competency in prioritizing work. Knowledge of relevant PG&E standards.