Asset & Maintenance Planner - Flexible LocationI'm Interested Date posted 01/14/2021
Requisition ID # 78721
Job Category : Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location : Clovis
The Asset & Maintenance Planning group works on asset management, compliance and maintenance processes and procedures. This includes maintaining asset data, new equipment records, risk assessment, analysis, compliance reporting, and program metrics. The Asset & Maintenance Planner manages assets using SAP WM and ensures timely entry of assets and associated maintenance plans to ensure regulatory compliance is met. Incumbents meet regularly with Substation Maintenance supervisors or Crew Leads to develop monthly work plan schedules and update
asset records in SAP when work is completed or rescheduled. Travel is approximately 25% with occasional overnight stays.
Facilitates and supports assigned Substation headquarters for monthly schedule meetings
and SAP support. Proficient in reading and understanding electrical single line diagrams and operating diagrams.
• High School or GED
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in work management systems or a related field.
• Strong attention to detail, ability to analyze data and identify discrepancies
• Proficient in MS Office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) .
• Proficient in the work management system module of SAP
• BA/BS in Business, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science/Information Systems, etc. or equivalent work experience.
• Ability to analyze data from several sources and identify, articulate, and present the business
• Ability to understand, interpret and communicate electrical work procedures, work methods,
standards, policies, and guidelines.
• Willingness to travel as required
• Basic knowledge of utility maintenance terminology, equipment
• General understanding of utility equipment maintenance processes and procedures.
• Proficient problem solving skills to address straightforward issues.
• Demonstrated ability to work with teams in a distributed environment
• Utilizes Work Management System in SAP to support local maintenance headquarters with
preventative orders (T180), corrective orders (T080), open notifications, Critical Operating
Equipment (COE) and service advisories.
• Runs monthly reports to track completed orders.
• Arranges for the preventive tasks to be completed within the calendar year they are due.
• References and follows the Substation Equipment Maintenance Requirements when creating and
scheduling protective equipment in SAP WM to ensure maintenance compliance is met.
• Follows established protocols and procedures whenever maintenance is deferred.
• Communicates regularly with Substation Asset & Maintenance Planners for coordinating asset
management in SAP WM.
• Runs reports in support of compliance efforts for various regulators: North American Energy
Reliability Corporation (NERC), Western Electricity Coordinating Council (WECC), and California
Independent System Operator (CAISO), etc.
• Escalates issues or non-standard situations to Senior Asset & Maintenance Planner and/or Compliance Supervisor