Supervisor, Transmission Engineering Services - Location Flexible
Requisition ID # 124090
Job Category: Engineering / Science
Job Level: Supervisor
Business Unit: Electric Engineering
Job Location: Clovis; Fresno; Oakland; San Ramon; West Sacramento
The Electric Transmission Engineering team is responsible for transmission EGI, WRO and Shoofly design work for PG&E transmission lines. The team is responsible for the following:
- Design of wood and steel pole structures
- Engineering and design of overhead conductor and associated line equipment
- Preparation and issuance of construction drawings and as-built
- Technical coordination with Substation engineering and design
- Technical consultation (project options); industry liaison (IEEE, equipment vendors, utilities)
- Project scope; detailed estimates; material lists
- Equipment specification; vendor production slots; bulk material pricing advantages
- Construction support; training; follow-up; corrective action process
- Technical assistance on feasibility projects
The Supervisor will be leading a group responsible for managing the design work both internally and outsourced. The job will be responsible for 1) the budget, schedule, scope and quality of design work 2) developing an effective long term relationship with the contractors that will focus on a win-win situation for both PG&E and the contractor 3) developing, tracking and communicating key performance metrics such as design cycle time, quality, cost and schedule attainment 4) reaching out to stakeholders such as construction, maintenance and operation for their feedback and areas for improvement.
This position location is flexible. Travel of about 10-15% will be required.
- Supervise a team of 12-14 designers and engineers
- Provide open and honest communication of company objectives and initiatives. Foster teamwork, innovation, and embrace new approaches to accomplish our work more efficiently and effectively. Promote accountability and drive employee satisfaction through employee engagement, recognition, and coaching. Actively recruit to fill vacancies and administer the ESC labor contract.
- Actively promote safe practices and conduct in accordance with the Corporate Safety policy. Ensure a safe work environment and manage overall safety for the group. Review safety topics at regular group meetings and complete all mandated safety training on time. Accomplish the department goal of zero injuries & avoidable auto incidents
- Plan a visible, stable and long-term production schedule. Assign individual & team projects to balance project requirements with resource availability. Plan for internal workload and recommend workload to be contracted. Ensure delivery of high-quality design products on budget, on time and on purpose.
- Provide leadership to assure the contractors develop and complete the project scope and the design and engineering work is completed the on schedule, within budget, and with high quality
- 5 years’ experience in electric transmission, distribution design or related comparable experience.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent working experience
- Transmission or Substation engineering, design or construction experience
- Familiarity with PG&E standards and design processes
- Familiarity with contracting process
- Registered Civil or Electrical PE
- Familiarity with ESC, Local 20 Labor contract
- Experience in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project