Benefits Administration Analyst
Requisition ID # 101793
Job Category : Human Resources
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Human Resources
The Human Resources department is committed to providing PG&E employees with the tools, information, and services to help deliver safe and reliable gas and electric service to our customers. The Total Rewards team plans, designs, and implements PG&E’s employee and executive compensation and benefits programs that add competitive value and drive alignment to key business objectives. The Total Rewards team is also responsible for the administration of all plans, proposing changes, ensuring regulatory compliance and effective HR integration.
This position will help to oversee several vendors and be the company Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Flexible Spending accounts, San Francisco HealthCare Ordinance, RDS, COBRA, and Commuter Subsidy. The successful candidate will have the ability to build strong relationships quickly with several outsourcing providers once in the role. They will be comfortable working in a lean Health and Welfare team managing day to day activities. Additionally, the position requires technical knowledge of Health & Welfare benefits, as well as Leave Administration rules, IRS, ACA, and ERISA rules and guidelines. Lastly, this role will support compliance activities so an expert level of Excel knowledge using pivot tables and SAP would be required.
The role will work remotely through the end of the year. Once a return the office is identified, the position will report into Concord, CA as business needs require.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- AskHR Contact for Benefits related issues.
- Morneau Shepell (MSP) contact for eligibility issues and/or employee escalations.
- Manage Anthem (Medical HAP accounts and FSA accounts), Express Scripts, Delta Dental, COBRA, Direct Bill, VSP and other insured HMOs day-to-day work. Involved in quarterly performance guarantee discussions, as well as monthly vendor meetings.
- SF Health Care ordinance oversight/quarterly compliance activities.
- ACA compliance (1095 forms) inquiries/activities.
- SPD and OE communications input for any H&W plan updates
- Retiree Drug Subsidy oversight and payment process
- Oversight/Knowledge of complex payment and reconciliation process through MSP and communication of that to employee/retiree.
- Process improvement identification and implementation.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Inquiry and Issue Research & Resolution: Assist HR Service Center and plan participants in understanding benefits plans, policies, procedures, and practices. Work directly with plan participants on answering their questions or resolving their issues. Perform research working with plan participants, vendors, and IT department to identify and resolve problems related to benefits administration. Interpret plan language to help resolve an inquiry or issue. Seek to continuously improve plan documents, systems, operations, process, procedures, communications to improve on service and quality and reduce inquiries and issues.
- Process Development, Implementation & Management: May review operations process and procedures related to inquiry and issue research and resolution, vendor payments, payments to plan participants, systems data exchanges, reporting and compliance. May implement new or revised operations, process, and procedures because of a review or as a result of new regulatory requirements, audit results or compliance needs.
- Research & Analysis: Perform research and analysis in support of business decision making, for audits, compliance, or regulatory reporting needs, and, in response to surveys and information requests.
- Vendor & Data Management: Manage the exchange of employee and plan data between PG&E and the vendor for purpose of benefits administration. Monitor vendor service levels, identify, and implement operational changes that are required because of plan changes, or for improved customer or efficiency. Devise and conduct vendor audits for accuracy of information, service, or payments they are providing. Meet with vendors to review their performance and suggest operational changes or to highlight strengths as well as deficiencies. Monitor actions taken by vendor to resolve deficiencies identified until resolved. Participate and/or manage request for proposals (RFPs) as required.
- 3 years relevant work
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Job-related experience, 3 years
- CEBS-Certified Employee Benefits Specialist certification
- PHR-Professional in Human Resources certification
- SPHR-Senior Professional in Human Resources certification