Data Governance Analyst, Principal
Requisition ID # 90024
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Information Technology
Job Location : Concord
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions.
Develops data governance policies, standards and procedures, designing and implementing training on standards and procedures. Facilitates the adoption of the established enterprise data governance framework to various lines of business, and generates compliance reports to measure adherence to enterprise data governance standards.
- Leads in developing, deploying, and providing oversight to IT asset management data governance framework/standards consisting of data policies and processes, controls, and metrics to provide asset data health and data quality transparency.
- Leads in coordinating with various stakeholders across various organizations to apply established data governance framework (developing data stewardship, data custodian roles, data dictionary, metadata management, and access controls).
- Leads in ensuring remediation plans are implemented where data fails to meet established data governance framework/standards.
- Leads in developing monitoring processes and conducting continuous reviews of data assets to ensure those data assets where data governance framework was established continue to comply with the framework.
- Leads in developing and implementing enterprise tools to support IT Asset Data Governance & Data Management.
- Leads, trains, mentors and reviews work of less experienced staff.
- Provide performance feedback and guidance.
- Serves as a thought leader for Data and Analytics Governance.
- Leads the development of an Enterprise Data Governance process, including procedures, standards, and supporting technology.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience in data governance implementation, 10 years
- Knowledge of IT asset data and processes.
- Expert knowledge of data management principles, data acquisition and modeling, data warehousing, business intelligence, metadata management, data security.
- Understanding of Data Governance landscape, processes, and design principles.
- Effectively copes with change, makes decisions and acts without having complete information and comfortably handles risk and uncertainty
- Applies knowledge, skills and techniques to define, control, report and improve processes.
- Detail-oriented with ability to focus on managing multiple reports and processes.
- Proven oral and written communication skills, even-tempered, manages conflicts in a positive, non-abrasive manner, and is comfortable interacting with individuals at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively navigate complex organizational, process and technical and political challenges.