Electric Program Manager, Principle (Location Flexible - within the PG&E Service Territory)
Requisition ID # 121360
Job Category : Project / Program Management
Job Level : Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location : Concord
The Coworkers of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of clean, safe, reliable, and affordable energy to nearly 16 million people in Northern and Central California. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration, and emergency response.
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration, and emergency response.
The Core Programs team works closely with Major Projects and Programs (MPP) and other lines of business (LOB) across Electric Operations (EO) to drive forward the success of one or more major programs. Examples of major programs include Capacity, Deteriorated Conductor Replacement, and Reliability.
Activities include developing annual goals and targets for approval, conducting analysis and deep dives on variances, forecasts, and operational trends; partnering with Estimating, Dependency leads, and Construction to move work through the pipeline, and recommending operational improvements and potential mitigations.
Manages and administers a company program, a grouping of project work or a special customer offering with an annual financial budget. Provides oversight, governance, communication, training, reporting, and overall process, and project management. This Principal Program Manager position will be expected to be a leader across Electric Operations as the SME for all items related to their assigned programs.
This includes mentoring less experienced program managers on best practices in managing their programs and driving forward portfolio wide improvements as a leader within the organization. This can include driving improvements in our financial visibility, forecasting, unit costs, processes including system improvements, and other improvements. This person will drive standardized approaches to how we manage our programs and be charged with advancing the collective skillset of our program managers higher while also helping smooth out the rough change curve for new people joining the organization.
This position location is flexible within PG&E Service Territory.
- Accountable for all aspects of managing one or more major company programs. This includes driving forward unit attainment, managing the financials, data requests, and all other aspects of the program as the SME for that work area.
- Partner across the business to provide accurate unit and financial forecasts for the program and improve the accuracy of forecasting at the program management level across multiple stakeholders.
- Developing, measuring, and reporting on success of the program in a forward-facing manner to ensure sufficient time and direction to pivot major capital work focus across the system.
- Identifying and maintaining strong working relationships with all strategic programs and partners.
- Partnering with Regulatory and Compliance staff to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements and support regulatory activities by supplying information for filings, data requests, and meeting with regulators.
- Identifying stakeholders and communicate within and outside of PG&E.
- Developing and/or implementing policies and procedures.
- Identifying new partners, technologies, and delivery channels.
- Manage major cross-functional projects and initiatives.
- Coaches and mentors less experienced employees as well as peers across the MPP program management space.
- Solves unique and complex problems, anticipating issues and developing innovative solutions.
- Demonstrates strategic leadership with internal stakeholders to support Company goals.
- Leads development of program goals and metrics to meet company goals and objectives.
- Collaborates across organization to ensure alignment of goals to support program.
- Responsible for utilizing other departments and teams to meet program goals.
- Organize and lead cross-utility project teams to influence utility, regulatory and/or industry decisions.
- Develops or provides significant input to PG&E leadership, other utilities with similar programs, industry and/or regulatory decision makers to influence marketplace and regulatory strategies impacting PG&E and its customers.
- Participate in emergency response activities as needed / assigned (EOC)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Job-related experience, 10 years
- Experience in maintenance and construction, Electric
- PMI-Project Management Institute PMP-Project Management Professional certification