Expert Aircraft Maintenance Coordinator
Requisition ID # 102161
Job Category : Transportation
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Shared Services
Shared Services is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable services to all of our Line of Business partners. Aviation Services provides transportation & aerial support for personnel within the PG&E service area and other destinations as necessary to meet Company objectives.
Responsible for managing the Aircraft Maintenance program, ensuring aircrafts are certified as airworthy for dispatch, and maintenance performed by vendors complies with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations and PG&E standards. Serves as a liaison to the FAA for maintenance and compliance issues. Oversees the safety, cleanliness, and proper operation of PG&E aircrafts.
- Ensures an aircraft is operating properly along with all aircraft personnel and passengers are in adherence and compliance with all PG&E guidelines, FAA regulations, and federal, state, and local laws.
- Certifies and ensures that an aircraft is completely safe, clean, and readily available for operation, and in compliance with PG&E guidelines, FAA regulations, and federal, state, and local laws.
- Oversees the safety, cleanliness, and proper operation of PG&E aircraft and ensures aircraft are certifiable for deployment.
- Assists department in developing budget (expense, capital, and expenditures), and monitor, forecast and report on budget performance.
- Leads the evaluation and testing of new equipment or material for replacement.
- Updates, modifies, and maintains work procedures and standards.
- Identifies control gaps in processes or projects.
- Provides technical expertise, historical perspective, industry standard, and regulation code requirements to improve safety, productivity and performance.
- Serves as the liaison to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to address and resolve all aircraft maintenance and compliance issues.
- Conducts vendor performance review process and/or site visits to ensure vendor performance complies with FAA regulations and PG&E policies, procedures and standards, recommending and implementing actions to address deficiencies.
- Serves as the point-of-contact to vendors for the most complex issues and ensures vendor performance and services comply with FAA regulations and PG&E processes, practices and procedures.
- Coordinates performance of aircraft inspection and maintenance services with vendors.
- High School or GED-General Educational Development-GED Diploma
- 6 years job-related experience
- Experience as Aircraft Mechanic
- Federal Aviation Administration-Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic license
- California Class C License, or equivalent
- Federal Aviation Administration-Inspection Authorization Certification
- Record of Clean Driving
- Ability to travel using personal vehicle
- Fingerprinting to pass 10-year background check for FAA/Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- Associates degree, in job-related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Technical Trade School completion
- 8 years Job-related experience
- Leadership experience
- Experience in managing budgets
- Experience in project management
- Experience in change management
- Experience in safety management, or related
- Record of NBAA-National Business Aviation Association PDP-Professional Development Program training completion