Expert Category Leader, Bay Area, CA
Requisition ID # 101562
Job Category : Procurement / Supply Chain
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Supply Chain/Materials
The Sourcing organization is the functional lead for the procurement of materials and services at Pacific Gas and Electric Company. The department collaborates with internal clients and suppliers managing $10 billion of annual company spend to develop mutually beneficial total cost solutions for goods and services. The department provides the following services to internal clients: procurement of goods and services, strategic sourcing and cost savings, supplier relationship management, supplier diversity planning, execution and outreach, compliance management and ongoing procurement field support and management of the procure to pay cycle.
You will manage one or several categories and functions within your assigned portfolio. The expert category manager position develops strategic category plans to optimize cost savings, service excellence, diversity spend and total cost of ownership for the categories and will effectively influence Lines of Business (LOBs), including senior leadership, to achieve understanding, acceptance, and commitment of sourcing strategies. This position works with LOBs to develop, source, and negotiate major contracts and plays a key role in the Supplier Relationship Management and Scorecard process.
- Subject matter expert for particular commodities or services.
- Lead the development of medium complexity category strategies.
- Lead cross-functional team through strategic sourcing process and development/execution of negotiation strategies for medium complexity spend categories.
- Develop and sustain mutually beneficial strategic relationships with category suppliers.
- Develop and review performance data with suppliers; work with suppliers to drive ongoing value discovery.
- Create and maintain category plans.
- Maintain awareness of industry and market trends through ongoing research
- Conduct and document market research and supplier risk analysis to verify the financial health of existing and potential suppliers
- 6 years of experience in supply chain or job-related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or job-related discipline, or equivalent job-related experience
- 8 years of work experience in procurement, strategic sourcing, contract management, or job-related field
- Possess MBA or equivalent advanced degree
- Lean Six Sigma certification (LSS)
- Project Management Professional certification (PMP)
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) from Institute for Supply Management (ISM)
- Experience negotiating for construction services
- Utility experience
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Competency in building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
- Competency in building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Knowledge of database and information systems – e.g., ARIBA, SCADA, EMS, OMT, OIS, SAP, ERP, COSO, Teradata, COBIT, QuestionMark - as needed to perform at the job level.
- Competency in applying project management theories, concepts, methods, best practices, and techniques as needed to perform at the job level
- Competency in leading cross-functional teams and to manage projects of medium complexity