Operations Data Analyst, Senior - Flexible LocationI'm Interested Date posted 01/13/2021
Requisition ID # 78227
Job Category : Business Operations / Strategy
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location : Concord
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response. The Service Planning & Design (SP&D) Clerical Services Team leads several critical functions with a goal to build operational discipline and develop a model service culture to enable the execution of wildfire safety, compliance, and NB work. Clerical Services Team functions include:
- New Business Local Headquarter Services (NB Application assignment, NB inspection customer contact and scheduling, NB CCD work scheduling)
- New Business Meter Sets (city and county inspections, scheduling of meter sets)
- Customer Fund Mgmt (NB contracts, premise / service point setup, streetlights)
- Dependency Mgmt (All work types and electronic job package creation)
- Joint Pole / Joint Utility (All work types and telecom attachments to PG&E poles)
Senior Operations Data Analyst will be the Reporting & Analytics lead for the Director of SP&D Clerical Services team. Individual will be part of the direct report team and involved in leadership forums to provide data driven intelligence for operational decision making. The lead will have an opportunity to influence leadership decision making and impact the overall performance of the organization. They will be required to partner across business-lines to provide visibility and action oriented guidance. The role is critical to the success of the team and meeting operational objectives.
This position location is flexible, however, Concord is preferred.
- This position provides data and reporting solutions to satisfy informational and performance metrics needs for one or more business functions.
- The Senior Business Analyst acts as the lead for all data, analytics, and reporting needs for the team, working directly with leadership.
- Lead the Weekly Operating Period on behalf of the Director and produce Sr Dir performance reporting. Will share results with Sr Dir weekly in Operational Huddles. Significant leadership visibility and opportunity for growth.
- Analyze end-to-end business processes and reporting needs of varying complexity, encompassing one or more functional areas.
- Understand current and future business environment, effectively anticipate, identify, and fully meet all reporting needs. Develops, maintains and enhances operational metric reporting and tools for the broader team.
- Anticipate concerns and questions and provide timely, professional, and client-focused communications via meetings, status reports and follow through with results.
- Prepare communications and presentations on weekly basis to support Operating Period needs.
- Work with team members, supervisor, and client organizations as appropriate to ensure smooth operations to minimize impact on business operations and enable the business to achieve results.
- Define and document reporting requirements.
- Perform functional integration testing of transactional processing, data extracts, and reporting.
- Configure system parameters or soft tables to enable application functions to perform per specifications.
- Develop queries to extract data or create operational reports using production databases.
- Extract operations data for analysis, leadership support and responses to requests. Maintains operations tools & databases to ensure high quality information is leverage for decision making.
- Conduct all work safely and promote safe work practices. Attend all safety meetings and training sessions. Comply with all Utility safety best practices and safety accountability model. Complete all required trainings.
- Demonstrates and uses advanced knowledge of data processing and data analysis techniques.
- Develops and communicates clear, concise and actionable data analyses for the team.
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Job-related experience, 4 years
- Expert technical knowledge of one or more functional areas in PG&E business applications, SAP and CC&B.
- Expert knowledge and skills in Power BI, SQL, Tableau, Python, and Excel.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with utility operations. Advanced skill in Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point)
- Advanced skill in writing SQL queries using Oracle or Business Objects
- Strong organizational skills, ability to effectively prioritize work, meet deadlines and work on multiple tasks independently.
- Strong presentation skills to deliver findings and make recommendations to stakeholders.
- Project management skills.