Principal Business Analyst, Bay AreaApply Date posted 07/31/2020
Requisition ID # 58463
Job Category : Business Operations / Strategy
Job Level : Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Supply Chain/Materials
Job Location : Concord
The Sourcing organization is the functional lead for the procurement of materials and services at Pacific Gas and Electric Company. The department collaborates with internal clients and suppliers managing $10 billion of annual company spend to develop mutually beneficial total cost solutions for goods and services. The department provides the following services to internal clients: procurement of goods and services, strategic sourcing and cost savings, supplier relationship management, supplier diversity planning, execution and outreach, compliance management and ongoing procurement field support and management of the procure to pay cycle.
Preferred work location is San Ramon, but San Francisco and Concord may be considered. Final work location will be determined between the hiring leader and successful candidate.
You will be responsible for research, lead data analysis, budgeting, forecasting and reporting in support of business decision making, business strategy and business operations. You may also be involved in business process improvement, quality control, special projects, and other initiatives.
- Perform analysis on the most complex business problems and issues that have cross-functional impact.
- Lead and solve unique and complex problems, anticipating issues and developing innovative solutions. Present findings and recommendations to senior leaders to gain agreement.
- Understand and utilize highly complex data systems that have wide ranging impact and application across multiple departments.
- Work with cross-functional senior management to support strategic planning and decision making.
- Manage major cross-functional programs, projects and initiatives
- 8 years of related work experience included, but not limited to project management, program management and financial/data analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, engineering, supply chain, or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Experience in sourcing
- Expert knowledge of spend cube, should-cost modeling, and development of category plans
- Depth and breadth of expertise in multiple qualitative and quantitative analytical methods, approaches and tactics
- Possess unique subject matter expertise in what-if modeling analysis, concepts, methods and techniques and recommends how different factors impact business outcomes
- Creative and strategic problem-solving skills to develop new, innovative solutions
- Strong analytical and writing skills to create compelling business cases based on complex business environments and inputs
- Influence, negotiation & persuasion skills to gain agreement on recommendations
- Project or program management skills & knowledge to lead the largest most complex projects across the line of business supported
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Deep knowledge and expertise of business and or industry drivers
- Adaptable to changing business conditions and ambiguity
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, Project, Visio or similar software