Principal Safety Program Manager
Requisition ID # 111641
Job Category : Project / Program Management
Job Level : Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Shared Services
Shared Services is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable services to all of our Line of Business partners. The Aviation Services department resides within the Shared Services organization. Aviation Services provides a full range of services; fixed wing, helicopter and UAS, needed for PG&E organizations to safely and efficiently meet Company objectives.
The Principal Safety Program Manager manages aspects of program implementation and operations. Ensures program is operating effectively.
- Works with all levels of management and senior leadership across functions to influence decisions
- Presents findings and makes recommendations to management
- Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced colleagues
- Communicates project status to all stakeholders
- Develops and manages department expense budget. Regularly monitors expenses against forecast, providing explanation or justification for budget items and/or variances
- Identifies new partners, technologies, and delivery channels
- Leads cross functional projects or teams
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- 10 years job-related experience
- Masters Degree in job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- PMP - Project Management Professional certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to use understanding of the business to help drive strategic decision making, and to recommend operational improvements
- Ability to lead the largest most complex projects across the line of business supported (i.e. Customer Care, Human Resources, etc.)
- Deep knowledge and expertise of business and or industry drivers
- Ability to lead large and complex projects working with cross-functional teams
- Ability to create compelling business cases based on complex business environments and inputs
- Adept at addressing issues with diplomacy and tact
- Primarily office environment with extensive use of personal computers, telephone conversations, conference calls and in person meetings.
- Travel may be required.