Senior Category Leader - Concord, CAI'm Interested Date posted 07/31/2020
Requisition ID # 61063
Job Category : Procurement / Supply Chain
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Supply Chain/Materials
Job Location : Concord
The Sourcing organization is the functional lead for the procurement of materials and services at Pacific Gas and Electric Company. The department collaborates with internal clients and suppliers managing $10 billion of annual company spend to develop mutually beneficial total cost solutions for goods and services. The department provides the following services to internal clients: procurement of goods and services, strategic sourcing and cost savings, supplier relationship management, supplier diversity planning, execution and outreach, compliance management and ongoing procurement field support and management of the procure to pay cycle.
You will develop and manage a significant portion of the $1.2B spend and contracts associated with the Vegetation Management category. You will develop strategic category plans to optimize cost savings, service excellence, diversity spend, and total cost of ownership for the categories; effectively influence Lines of Business (LOB) including senior leadership to achieve understanding, acceptance, and commitment of sourcing strategies; and work with LOBs to develop, source and negotiate major contracts and play a key role in the Supplier Relationship Management/Scorecard process.
- Manage top tier suppliers.
- Lead cross-functional team through strategic sourcing process and development/execution of negotiation strategies for low to medium complexity spend categories
- Maintain awareness of industry and market trends through ongoing research
- Lead the development of category strategies of low to medium complexity
- Conduct and document market research and supplier risk analysis to verify the financial health of existing and potential suppliers
- Create and maintain category plans.
- Develop and sustain mutually beneficial strategic relationships with suppliers.
- Develop and review performance data with suppliers. Works with suppliers to drive ongoing value discovery.
- 4 years of experience in supply chain or job-related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or job-related discipline, or equivalent job-related experience
- 6 years of work experience in procurement, sourcing and/or contract management
- Possess MBA or equivalent advanced degree
- Lean Six Sigma certification (LSS)
- Project Management Professional certification (PMP)
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) from Institute for Supply Management (ISM)
- Knowledge of database and information systems – e.g., ARIBA, SAP
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Competency in building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.