Senior ESC IT Business Operations Analyst
Requisition ID # 120941
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions.
The Senior IT Business Operations Analyst has an advanced understanding of fundamental business analysis, IT and business operations processes. Develops new or revises existing data to predict business outcomes selecting from complex variables. Develops and uses metrics to identify recommendations related to business strategy and operations. Presents findings and recommendations to management.
- Presents findings and recommendations to management.
- Performs periodic audits on SMOC operational and IT business processes to ensure compliance, including SOX.
- Formulates recommendations and initiatives to support advancement and maturing of all key processes within the Operations Center.
- Facilitates working sessions for business process standards, researches and provides recommendations utilizing industry standards.
- Maintains and provides new hire SmartMeter Operations training class curriculum, facilitate internal classes and coordinates training.
- Acts in a lead capacity to support projects, determining scope, budget, timeframes, forming teams, assigning tasks, managing resources and issues.
- Maintains, operates and enhances SmartMeter remediation and customer support tools used by SmartMeter operations personnel as approved by the Company.
- Identifies and develops internal SmartMeter operations processes, standards and procedures utilizing modeling techniques or other techniques available.
- Develops processes to perform document control within SMOC.
- Develops advanced and or specialized reporting presentations.
- Identifies gaps in current process and recommends steps to minimize risk.
- Develops specialized dashboard presentations and or business views as needed.
- Develops and or maintains data models for what-if analysis and for other business purposes.
- Develops and uses metrics to identify recommendations related to business strategy and operations.
- Develops new or revises existing data to predict business outcomes selecting from complex variables.
- Researches best practices; develops internal and external benchmarks in support of business decisions.
- Provides supporting services for processes and standards documentation development to other SMOC staff.
- Cluster-Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Mathematics, Engineering or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience in business or operations analysis, or related, 6 years
- Graduate Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in large-scale utility automated metering infrastructure (AMI) network or similar field network
- Experience developing field network performance monitoring tools and processes
- Experience in coordinating with internal and external partners to complete field device deployment
- Experience in utility material supply chain management
- Competency in developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Competency in building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Competency in providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done
- Competency in making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Competency in knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Competency in anticipating and adopting innovations in business-building digital and technology applications
- Skill in making recommendations based on relevant expertise as needed to perform at the job level
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products - for example, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access - as needed to perform at the job level
- Ability to apply project management theories, concepts, methods, best practices, and techniques as needed to perform at the job level
- Knowledge of data model design philosophies and methodologies for data warehouse and OLTP systems as needed to perform at the job level