Sourcing Specialist (ESC) - Concord, CA
Requisition ID # 136130
Job Category: Procurement / Supply Chain
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Supply Chain/Materials
Job Location: Concord
The Sourcing organization is the functional lead for the procurement of materials and services at Pacific Gas and Electric Company. The department collaborates with internal clients and suppliers managing $5 billion of annual company spend to develop mutually beneficial total cost solutions for goods and services. The department provides the following services to internal clients: procurement of goods and services, strategic sourcing and cost savings, contract management, supplier relationship management, supplier diversity planning, execution and outreach, compliance management, ongoing procurement field support and management of the procure to pay cycle.
This job is represented by Engineers and Scientists of California (ESC) and issubject to collective bargaining.
This position is responsible for working with internal Line of Business (LOB) clients to negotiate, execute and implement contracts for the procurement of goods and services for clients in assigned functional areas. You will support governance and compliance of contract approval process from contract creation through the contract award process; work to enhance client experience with Sourcing by demonstrating aptitude in driving strategic value and operational excellence to meet client needs; and collaboratively work with client partners and Sourcing team members in developing and amending all types of contracts between PG&E and suppliers, with the exception of master service agreements.
- Collaborate with LOB partners and Sourcing team members to develop, write, and negotiate new contracts and renewals (i.e. all types of contracts between PG&E and suppliers with the exception of Master Service Agreements) of low to moderate complexity
- Lead and/or assist in running Quick Bids.
- Consult and train LOB on the sourcing process; utilizes training materials as available
- Provide support in interpreting contractual language for contracts of low to moderate level of complexity
- Proactively review sourcing process across LOBs to identify areas of improvement
- Process Purchase Requisitions (PRs) and provide updates on status of PR’s when requested
- Create, review, and issue purchase orders, contracts and CWAs generated from PRs; executes up to signing authority
- Ensure all PRs, purchase orders, and contract documents comply with all PG&E policies, processes, and procedures
- Process Return Material Authorizations for materials purchases
- Maintain accurate records in procurement systems
- Identify and maintain catalogs in procurement systems
- Submit new vendor information for setup in procurement systems
- Engage Women, Minority, and Disabled Veteran business enterprises from among PG&E approved vendors to support supplier diversity goals.
- 2 years of supply chain or related experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in team environment
- Ability to work on multiple issues and tasks
- Possess general technical knowledge with ability and desire to continue increasing business and technical knowledge base
- Advanced SAP and Ariba skills (or advanced skills on similar procurement systems)
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) skills
- Ability to prioritize, plan, perform and communicate activities, both in written and verbal form
- Good interpersonal skills and team focus
- Ability to interface effectively with the line of business up to the director level