Requisition ID # 90547
Job Category : Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Supervisor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location : Cupertino
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
Oversees the command and control of outage response management and leads teams of Troublemen (outage, emergency first responders) and distribution control centers involved in system-wide distribution grid monitoring and restoration efforts. Analyzes and prioritizes outages to determine the most efficient procedure for restoration.
- Ensures completion of street light repair in assigned area within established timeframes.
- Ensures inspection and maintenance of distribution line equipment is completed in area annually and in compliance with GO165.
- Ensures Troublemens’ productivity and costs are monitored through Field Automation System FAS and the
- Improves outage response by ensuring outages are prioritized and analyzed to determine the most efficient procedure for restoration, which may require communicating with customers to determine restoration needs. Accesses the outage condition to determine if complete restoration is necessary or if temporary repairs are sufficient to restore power.
- Monitors the electric system using the Outage Management Tool (OMT) and Field Automated Support (FAS) technologies and by ongoing communication with the Control Center.
- Outage Information System (OIS). Develops and implements work practices that support reduced operating costs and increase production levels.
- Oversees, provides direction and coaching to first responders, Troublemen, dispatched to outage site, for both emergency and non-emergency situations. Regularly visits field to ensure work efficiency, quality, customer satisfaction, and safety requirements are met.
- Supervises 10+ total employees
- Supervises Troublemen
- High School or GED-General Educational Development-GED Diploma
- Utility industry experience, electric, 5 years
- CA Class C License, or equivalent
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience as Troubleman, or related
- Verbal communication skills with a diverse workforce
- Decision making and prioritization skills
- Knowledge of electrical safety best practices and methods
- Leadership skills
- Knowledge of the bargaining unit contracts
- Strong customer service orientation
- Process improvement skills and knowledge
- Knowledge of the types of materials and equipment required for outage restoration