Senior Fleet Analyst
Requisition ID # 153729
Job Category: Business Operations / Strategy
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Shared Services
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Davis
PG&E’s Transportation Services team is responsible for operating one of the top 20 largest commercial and top 3 largest utility fleets in the U.S. Management responsibilities cover all aspects of PG&E’s owned and rental vehicles & equipment fleet, from design to disposition. The team is comprised of multiple operating departments including Field Operations, Engineering and Business Operations. Operating departments within Transportation Services are responsible for enterprise-wide management of over 13,500+ vehicles & equipment, regulatory and preventative maintenance compliance, expense & capital planning, budget and asset optimization, fuel procurement, clean air, and alternate fuel initiatives.
Conducts research, data analysis, budgeting, forecasting and reporting in support of business decision making, business strategy and business operations. Compiles and analyzes data, develops and tracks business metrics, develops or works with budgets and forecasts, and researches best practices. May also be involved in business process improvement, quality control and special projects and other initiatives.
PG&E is providing the hourly rate range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual hourly rate paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity.
The hourly rate for this position ranges from $49.04 to $77.88.
- Develops and uses metrics to develop recommendations related to business strategy and operations
- Develops new or revises existing data analysis to predict business outcomes selecting from various complex variables
- Identifies and implements continuous improvement opportunities to existing processes up to and including invoice process, warranty management, and fuel management functions
- Manages small to mid-size optimization projects. Determine scope, timeframes, form teams, assign task and manage resources and issues.
- Presents findings and recommendations to multiple levels of functional leadership
- Actively participates and supports emergency response functions for the department and enterprise
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- 5 years job-related experience
- Masters Degree in Business Administration or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Fleet business operations and project management experience
- Warranty or fuel management experience
- Excellent organizational skills, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptable to changing business conditions
- Experience with continuous improvement process, methods, and tools
- Vendor management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with creating SQL queries
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments with demanding time constraints
- Ability to choose from different analytical methods, approaches and tactics to meet business analysis requirements in an efficient manner
- Ability to lead cross-functional project teams
- Knowledge and understanding of business drivers