Data Scientist, Senior
Requisition ID # 151690
Job Category: Accounting / Finance
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Operations - Other
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Dublin; Alameda; Alta; American Canyon; Angels Camp; Antioch; Auberry; Auburn; Avenal; Avila Beach; Bakersfield; Balch Camp; Bear Valley; Belden; Bellota; Belmont; Benicia; Berkeley; Brentwood; Brisbane; Buellton; Burney; Buttonwillow; Calistoga; Campbell; Canyon Dam; Canyondam; Capitola; Caruthers; Chico; Clearlake; Clovis; Coalinga; Colusa; Concord; Concord; Corcoran; Cottonwood; Cupertino; Daly City; Danville; Davis; Dinuba; Downieville; Emeryville; Eureka; Fairfield; Folsom; Fort Bragg; Fortuna; Fremont; French Camp; Fresno; Fresno; Fulton; Garberville; Geyserville; Gilroy; Goodyear; Grass Valley; Guerneville; Half Moon Bay; Hayward; Hinkley; Hollister; Holt; Houston; Huron; Jackson; Kerman; King City; Lakeport; Lemoore; Lincoln; Linden; Livermore; Lodi; Loomis; Los Banos; Lower Lake; Madera; Magalia; Manteca; Manton; Mariposa; Martell; Marysville; Maxwell; Menlo Park; Merced; Meridian; Millbrae; Milpitas; Modesto; Monterey; Montgomery Creek; Morgan Hill; Morro Bay; Moss Landing; Mountain View; Napa; Needles; Newark; Newman; Novato; Oakdale; Oakhurst; Oakland; Oakley; Olema; Orinda; Orland; Oroville; Palo Alto; Palo Cedro; Paradise; Parkwood; Paso Robles; Petaluma; Pioneer; Pismo Beach; Pittsburg; Placerville; Pleasant Hill; Point Arena; Potter Valley; Quincy; Rancho Cordova; Red Bluff; Redding; Richmond; Ridgecrest; Rio Vista; Rocklin; Roseville; Round Mountain; Sacramento; Salida; Salinas; San Bruno; San Carlos; San Francisco; San Francisco; San Jose; San Luis Obispo; San Mateo; San Rafael; San Ramon; San Ramon; Sanger; Santa Cruz; Santa Maria; Santa Nella; Santa Rosa; Selma; Shaver Lake; Sonoma; Sonora; South San Francisco; Springville; Stockton; Storrie; Taft; Tracy; Turlock; Twain; Ukiah; Vacaville; Vallejo; Walnut Creek; Wasco; Watsonville; West Sacramento; Wheatland; Whitmore; Willits; Willow Creek; Willows; Windsor; Winters; Woodland; Yuba City
The Vegetation Management (VM) and System Inspection (SI) Process and Organizational Development team initiates, monitors, coordinates and supports process improvement initiatives that have a direct impact on VMSI work efficiency objectives and support VMSI overall strategic plan. The team partners closely with leaders in Vegetation Management and System Inspection Execution, Vegetation Management Quality Control, Risk and Regulatory Compliance, and Quality Verification/Assurance to select and drive relevant projects to greater efficiency and productivity.
Designs, develops, and executes scripts, programs, models, algorithms, and processes, using structured and unstructured data from disparate sources and sizes, generating actionable insights for strategy and policy development, process improvement, and product enhancement. Works on technical development phases: data engineering, analytics/modeling, and visualization/user interface. Interacts with technical and non-technical clients to resolve analysis and technical issues. Works with teams, clients, and senior leadership throughout the development cycle practicing continuous improvement.
- This position is hybrid, working from your remote office and your assigned work location based on business need. The assigned work location will be within the PG&E Service Territory.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity. Although we estimate the successful candidate hired into this role will be placed towards the middle or entry point of the range, the decision will be made on a case-by-case basis related to these factors.
CA Minimum: $112,000
CA Maximum: $179,000
Bay Minimum: $118,000
Bay Maximum: $188,000
This job is also eligible to participate in PG&E’s discretionary incentive compensation programs.
- Shares and collaborates with other PG&E data science professionals.
- Works closely with domain experts to develop relevant domain knowledge in the electric and gas utility, as well as knowledge of related datasets.
- Gathers, cleans, transforms, and/or reduces data from dissimilar sources from across PG&E.
- Works with business partners to advance business processes, based on analytical findings.
- Applies machine learning and other analytical modeling methods to develop robust and reliable analytical models, including visualizations, within PG&Es software development environment.
- Documents data sources, methodology, and model evaluation metrics.
- Serves as the technical lead for the development of simple models.
- Develops and presents summary presentations to management.
- Bachelors Degree in Econometrics, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Applied Sciences, Statistics or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Job-related experience, 5 years, OR Masters Degree and job-related experience, 3 years, OR Doctorate Degree
- Graduate Degree in job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Utility industry experience, 1 year