Standards & Work Methods Specialist, Expert
Requisition ID # 144845
Job Category: Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Engineering
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Dublin; Alameda; Alta; American Canyon; Angels Camp; Antioch; Auberry; Auburn; Avenal; Avila Beach; Bakersfield; Balch Camp; Bear Valley; Belden; Bellota; Belmont; Benicia; Berkeley; Brentwood; Brisbane; Buellton; Burney; Buttonwillow; Calistoga; Campbell; Canyon Dam; Canyondam; Capitola; Caruthers; Chico; Clearlake; Clovis; Coalinga; Colusa; Concord; Concord; Corcoran; Cottonwood; Cupertino; Daly City; Danville; Davis; Dinuba; Downieville; Emeryville; Eureka; Fairfield; Folsom; Fort Bragg; Fortuna; Fremont; French Camp; Fresno; Fresno; Fulton; Garberville; Geyserville; Gilroy; Goodyear; Grass Valley; Guerneville; Half Moon Bay; Hayward; Hinkley; Hollister; Holt; Houston; Huron; Jackson; Kerman; King City; Lakeport; Lemoore; Lincoln; Linden; Livermore; Lodi; Loomis; Los Banos; Lower Lake; Madera; Magalia; Manteca; Manton; Mariposa; Martell; Marysville; Maxwell; Menlo Park; Merced; Meridian; Millbrae; Milpitas; Modesto; Monterey; Montgomery Creek; Morgan Hill; Morro Bay; Moss Landing; Mountain View; Napa; Needles; Newark; Newman; Non-PG&E Non-US Off Shore Work Location; Non-PG&E US Work Location; Novato; Oakdale; Oakhurst; Oakland; Oakley; Olema; Orinda; Orland; Oroville; Palo Alto; Palo Cedro; Paradise; Parkwood; Paso Robles; Petaluma; Pioneer; Pismo Beach; Pittsburg; Placerville; Pleasant Hill; Point Arena; Potter Valley; Quincy; Rancho Cordova; Red Bluff; Redding; Richmond; Ridgecrest; Rio Vista; Rocklin; Roseville; Round Mountain; Sacramento; Salinas; San Bruno; San Carlos; San Francisco; San Francisco; San Jose; San Luis Obispo; San Mateo; San Rafael; San Ramon; San Ramon; Sanger; Santa Cruz; Santa Maria; Santa Nella; Santa Rosa; Selma; Shaver Lake; Sonoma; Sonora; South San Francisco; Springville; Stockton; Storrie; Taft; Tracy; Turlock; Twain; Ukiah; Vacaville; Vallejo; Walnut Creek; Wasco; Washington; Washington D.C.; Watsonville; West Sacramento; Wheatland; Whitmore; Willits; Willow Creek; Willows; Windsor; Winters; Woodland; Yuba City
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration, and emergency response.
The Distribution Construction Standards and Work Methods team develops and updates overhead and underground manuals, procedures, job aids, bulletins, and supports associated guidance documents for tools, equipment, and safety. We participate in training development and delivery support, quality control (QC) and/or quality assurance (QA), human performance reporting and initiatives (SIF & CAP), equipment failure investigations and material problem reports (MPR), field support for construction and maintenance including changes to maintenance programs, storm, and emergency response activities.
The Electric Distribution Standards & Work Methods Specialist provides expertise for leadership and support of projects to ensure improved safety, reliability and efficiency of field maintenance and construction processes and programs and provide technical support for maintenance and construction departments as a liaison and advocate. Incumbents provide communication and feedback on construction methods and equipment issues, work to integrate safety into the development of work methods, equipment designs and associated work tasks, and work to ensure safe, reliable, and affordable service.
Location base is flexible, requires ability to travel up to 50 percent of the time.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity.
We would not anticipate that the individual hired into this role would land at or near the top half of the range described below, but the decision will be dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.
Minimum Base Salary (Bay Area) $118,000.00
Maximum Base Salary (Bay Area) $188,000.00
Minimum Base Salary (California) $112,000.00
Maximum Base Salary (California) $179,000.00
- Acts as a subject matter expert and thought leader and applies extensive unique expertise in electric distribution overhead hands-on construction experience as journeyman lineman.
- Provides technical expertise, historical perspective, industry standard with construction and work methods for distribution overhead.
- Develops high level written work standards and procedures with deep dive analysis of best practices.
- May lead, support or review investigations of human factor related events that occur in the electric system, including SIF & CAP, equipment failure and material problem reports (MPR), field support for construction and maintenance work methods.
- Assists in developing content to support the course objectives and assessment using instructional design principles, best practices, and incorporating multimedia to design best-in-class course materials.
- Collaborates with others to identify, analyze, and improve existing business processes within a department to meet new goals and objectives.
- Leads the team or represents the design of new equipment in the field. Interacts with engineers and project managers when equipment is being evaluated and/or deployed/installed.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 9 years in the electric utility industry.
- At least 7 years’ experience as a journeyman, estimator/AED or in an engineering discipline
Certification in one or more of the following:
- Journeyman Lineman or
- Journeyman Cable Splicer, or
- Journeyman Electrician, or
- Journeyman Electrical Technician, or
- Journeyman System Operator, or
- Estimator/Associate Distribution Engineer (ADE)
- Associate Degree
- 15 years in the electric utility industry.
- Competency in providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done
- Ability to identify problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions as needed to perform at the job level.
- Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders inside and outside the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with diverse work groups.
- Excellent knowledge of electric utility construction safety regulations, standards, requirements, and practices.
- Excellent knowledge of electric construction standards.
- Strong knowledge of Cal OSHA Title 8, Fed OSHA 1910.269, and GO95 and GO128 electric utility construction requirements.
- Intermediate skills in computer applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point).
- Knowledge of PG&E Electric Utility guidance documents.