Electric Distribution Planning Intern
Requisition ID # 81127
Job Category : Administrative / Clerical
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Electric Distribution Planning is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable flow electricity to our customers and is responsible for all aspects of PG&E's electric distribution planning, including both capacity and reliability planning.
This team is responsible for load interconnection studies, load forecasting, system modeling and initiation of capacity and reliability projects.
Distribution Planners are responsible for planning, organizing and managing both Capacity and Reliability projects for all of distribution assets, which includes monitoring all equipment beyond the manufacturer’s specified capacities for the current and future years, and also ensuring outages are properly addressed within a timely manner.
The Fresno Distribution Planning team is looking for talented summer intern to help support the electric distribution planning process and aid in the creation of reliability projects in the Fresno/Bakersfield region. The intern will be responsible for numerous initiatives including but not limited to:
- Validation, verification, and correction of asset capability records
- Wire down Investigations
- Outage reviews and response
- Creating and entering equipment settings for Distribution Protective Devices
- Creating EDPI screens for Engineers to help with peak load validation
- Validating winter peaking circuits
- Wildfire Hardening Projects
The successful intern will have the opportunity to lead and/or support activities as described above working with a team of experienced Distribution Engineers. Additionally, the intern will gain knowledge of the larger Electric Operations organization through the work they will be performing.
- Earning a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering (students must be continuing education towards degree during and/or after the internship)
- 3.0 GPA or greater in both cumulative GPA and major GPA
- Engineering experience in power systems, utilities, or engineering consultation
- Ability to work in a team environment and support fellow team members
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Takes initiative and can work independently with minimal direction
PG&E typically is unable to provide VISA sponsorship to students on an F-1, J-1 or other student visa for this position. Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.