Engineering Estimator - Electric
Requisition ID # 146002
Job Category: Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Engineering
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Fresno
The hardworking coworkers of Electric Engineering ensure all manners of electric engineering—including electric standards and process safety, electric design engineering, instrumentation testing and controls, undergrounding, electric regulatory compliance, and electric investment planning—are in place to safely enable a strategic and stable workplan for our Electric Operations partners. Our organization is accountable for program planning, financial budgeting, and project execution and delivery of all electric engineering projects. Electric Engineering is comprised of approximately 2,000 coworkers.
This position is represented by Engineers and Scientists of California (ESC) subject to collective bargaining.
In this position, you will be required to obtain an Autodesk Certified User (ACU) certificate or a two-year technical degree in Drafting within the first 12 months of hire (this does not apply to current represented or non-represented employees).
This position requires a 24-month lock per the ESC contract.
This position is hybrid, working from your remote office and your assigned work location based on business need. The assigned work location will be within the PG&E Service Territory.
PG&E is providing the hourly rate that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This position is subject to collectively bargained hourly wage rates and increases. The starting wage rate for this position is $45.13 per hour. This wage rate is specific to the locality of the job. The wage rate is based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, collective bargaining agreements, and internal equity.
- Under general supervision, prepares cost estimates and construction plans of less difficult nature than work performed by a Senior Engineering Estimator
- Makes field sketches and prepares layouts for construction of additions or improvements to electric systems of such a nature that the plans and methods are embodied in existing standards, specifications, rules, and regulations. Estimates labor and material costs; obtains joint-pole agreements; initiates right-of-way procedures, licenses, permits, etc., and performs such other work as required to prepare the estimate in final form
- Shall be required to perform customer contact, project coordination, billing, and contract preparation in connection with non-subdivision residential services. Non-subdivision residential work is defined as gas and electric work of four or fewer applicants or lots. Typical jobs include temporary and permanent services, service alterations, rewires and rule 16 gas/electric extensions. Given appropriate training, shall also be required to perform typical jobs in the opposite commodity
- Where clear business efficiencies can be gained, may also be assigned similar customer contact work within the employee’s line of progression, on small commercial and agricultural jobs, although management retains jurisdiction over such work
- May be required to prepare final sketch or layout and cost estimate of more complex jobs from field notes prepared by an employee in a higher classification. May be required to investigate and prepare reports on third-party accidents
- Possess high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have a valid Class C California Driver's License or ability to obtain by first day of employment
- Must obtain an Autodesk Certified User (ACU) certificate or a two-year technical degree in Drafting within the first 12 months of hire
- Bachelor of Science Degree (BS)
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, civil or related engineering field or any combination of training, education, and work experience
- Hiring Hall experience in the role
- 2 years of experience with AutoCAD (2009 or later version)
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Experience with web-based software (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, etc)
- 1 year of experience using SAP
- 1 year of utility operations knowledge and experience
- Additional consideration may be given to candidates who reside within 50 miles of the headquarters
PG&E Employees: You must have qualified on all prerequisite tests prior to submitting an application, and all secondary tests prior to interviewing. For more information on prerequisite and secondary exams, including study guides, please visit the Pre-employment testing program website.
Physical Test Battery (PTB)
Work Orientation Inventory-Physical/Technical Driving (WOI_D)
EEI Technical Test Battery (TECH)
- Internal PG&E employees: Must have qualified on the Physical Test Battery (PTB) and Work Orientation Inventory (WOI)* exams prior to applying; must qualify on Technical Test (TECH) prior to interviewing
- External and Hiring Hall applicants: Must qualify on the Physical Test Battery (PTB) and Technical Test (TECH) exams and Work Orientation Inventory (WOI)* exams prior to interviewing
* Note: Employees applying via URA do not need to meet requirement if held the same or higher classification in the line of progression.