Full-Time Service Representative I - Fresno IBEW
Requisition ID # 89531
Job Category : Customer Support / Operations
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Customer Care
At PG&E, nothing is more important than public and employee safety. We’ve set our sights on making our company the safest utility in the country. PG&E is a regulated company governed by the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) and within Contact Center Operations, our employees are required to comply with policies and procedures to ensure both public and employee safety.
In Contact Center Operations, we are the voice of our Company — a Company that powers energy and gas through millions of homes in the state of California. Contact Center Operations (CCO) consists of Contact Centers located in Sacramento, San Jose and Fresno. We are a dynamic, fast-paced department which is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Contact Center Operation’s mission is to support the company vision to become the leading utility in the United States by delivering an exceptional customer experience to each and every customer. We have approximately 1000 Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) across all centers and all are dedicated to providing and delivering the ultimate customer experience.
Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) are the “voice” of our company. They must be clear and confident communicators who have a constant focus on safety and the customer at all times. CSRs provide front-line support by telephone, email and written correspondence.They handle a high volume of customer transactions ranging from general account inquires to potentially serious safety situations such as gas leaks and other safety concerns.
To provide the ultimate customer service experience, a PG&E CSR must:
- Handle inquiries in a safe, friendly, timely and highly accurate manner
- Learn and retain the required knowledge to be successful in their role
- Work in a high-impact, fast-paced environment and able to successfully handle high-pressure situations
- Partner with other PG&E departments to resolve customer issues and ensure customer satisfaction
CSRs are required to complete a 7 week paid training program in addition to 2 weeks on-the-job training. You will be working full-time (40 hours/week) during these initial 9 weeks of training. The CSR training program will take the participants through an online learning portal that will allow the learner to experience various components of the CSR job through simulations, class activities, instructor-led discussions, and on the job call taking.
As a Full Time Customer Service Representative, your work schedule will fall within the hours of operation for the location and may change depending on business needs. Please note that consecutive days off may not be feasible.
Fresno Hours of Operation:
Mondays thru Fridays, 7 am to 9 pm
Saturdays, 8 am to 6 pm
The hourly rate for this position in $ 23.57
This is an International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 1245 represented classification, which has over 100 years of experience representing employees at PG&E. This job is subject to collective bargaining.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess a High School diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
- Minimum one year work experience in a customer service position with direct customer contact either in-person, phone or by email in a fast-paced, structured environment
- Must complete 7 week Customer Service Representative (CSR) Training program and 2 weeks of “nesting”
- Demonstrated ability navigating multiple computer programs and internet webpages
- Minimum one year experience using Microsoft Office Suite including but not limited to Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work flexible schedules, extended hours, nights, weekends, and/or overtime (scheduled
- or ad hoc)
- Demonstrated ability using computer equipment including, but not limited to keyboard, mouse
- and multiple monitors
- Previous experience in a Contact Center environment
- 2 or more years of work experience in a customer service position with direct customer contact either in-person, phone or by email in a high-paced, structured environment
- Associate’s degree or higher from an accredited college or institution
- To better represent the communities we serve, applicants who live within 50 miles of the work location listed will be given preference.
PG&E Employees: You must have qualified on all prerequisite tests prior to submitting an application; and all secondary tests prior to interviewing. For more information on prerequisite and secondary exams, including study guides, please visit the Pre-employment testing program website.
- Clerical Test Battery
- Work Orientation Inventory-Clerical
- Contact Center Virtual Scenario
- Ensure safe work practices, attend and participate in required safety and professional trainings, continually ensure the safety of self, colleagues and the public
- Acknowledge customers concerns by being courteous, empathetic and professional at all times
- Respond to customer inquiries and successfully resolve customer issues by providing information or taking action on behalf of the customer in a caring, timely and accurate manner
- Listen effectively; use probing skills to obtain relevant customer information and quickly establish customer relationships
- Utilize phone and computer to research and analyze account information to satisfy internal and external customers with customer inquiries, billing issues, service requests and emergency orders
- Act professionally and ethically in all situations
- Serve the customer and perform the job in a safe manner
- Listen effectively; use probing skills to obtain relevant information and establish rapport quickly with customers and co-workers
- Use interpersonal skills, communication skills; both written and verbal to assist customers and fellow-team members
- Must have decision making ability and effective judgment making skills
- Effectively operate all required PG&E applications and systems
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment which is subject to change based on business needs