Land Survey Intern
Requisition ID # 142502
Job Category: Administrative / Clerical
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Shared Services
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Fresno
Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. We deliver some of the nation’s cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, “Together, Building a Better California” is not just a slogan. It’s the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
The Land Surveying and Engineering Support (LS&ES) Department provides land surveying and mapping services in support of gas and electric transmission and distribution projects. These services include rights-of-way drawings, easement documents, engineering support drawings (plan & profile), topographic mapping and construction staking. We also provide resources to assist in dam deformation surveys.
We utilize the latest technology including terrestrial based LiDAR scanning, RTK GPS, conventional total stations and mapping tools.
LS&ES is looking for talented summer interns to help provide safe and efficient land surveying services to our customers. Under the supervision of licensed land surveyors and experienced land technicians, interns will perform work as a member of a survey crew in the office or field, including the following responsibilities:
- Search County records to assemble preliminary information
- Perform all aspects of land surveying work in the office and field
- Perform surveying calculations and write legal descriptions
- Clear brush and maintain surveying equipment
- Utilize CAD to create topographic surveys and design-related documents
- Use GPS and conventional field equipment to measure and record data
- Work with terrestrial based LiDAR scanners
- Prepare legal descriptions
- Currently enrolled and earning a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Geomatics Engineering or related engineering field. Students MUST be continuing education towards degree during and/or after internship.
- Must have a valid driver’s license or obtain one at least 30 days prior to start date.
- LSIT or LS certification
- Ability to work in a team environment and support fellow team members
- Field or office experience in a land surveying capacity
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Takes initiative and can work independently with minimal direction
PG&E typically is unable to provide VISA sponsorship to students on an F-1, J-1 or other student visa for this position. Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.