ODN Systems Administrator
Requisition ID # 141920
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Fresno
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively to deliver high quality technology solutions.
Installs, configures, maintains and performs testing of various operating systems, related utilities, applications, and hardware. Troubleshoots server-based hardware, operating system and software problems. Monitors systems activities and fine-tunes configuration to optimize performance. Performs system utilization analysis to ensure systems are following best practices for security and utilization. Develops procedures for routine administration. Provides recommendations for improving the server environment. Provides on call 24x7 support on a rotating basis. Onsite support and travel are required on an as-needed basis.
- Virtualization: creates, deploys, and maintains virtual machines in support of our business stakeholders.
- Administration: Coordinates vendor on-site activities, clearance requirements, support communications, and documentation.
- Communicates new processes, conveys and gains support for making changes,
- Demonstrates full technical competence
- Deploy new applications, application updates, security updates/patches and report creation.
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance with moderate scope and complexity
- Facilitates installation, testing, troubleshooting, documentation, and production release of new enterprise applications.
- Highly motivated and knowledgeable
- May coach more junior staff
- Perform Server troubleshooting, updating, maintaining security compliance, client data protection services, and document creation. .
- Performs assigned tasks of moderate complexity using established procedures, standards and guidelines
- Provides support and participates in project teams to install new equipment or technologies.
- Scripts procedures and processes for automation.
- Stays current on system technologies.
- Teamwork and Leadership: Works closely with other operation groups. Provides leadership in resolving problems and providing feedback on processes and procedures.
- Works independently or on multiple projects as a project team member, occasionally as a project leader
- Works on small to large, projects that require increased skill in multiple technical environments and knowledge of a specific business area
- Associates Degree in Business Administration or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Job-related technical experience, 2 years
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience at PG&E
- Experience in IT-Information Technology technical support, 2 years