Supervisor, GTGC ILI (Flexible Location)I'm Interested Date posted 11/19/2020
Requisition ID # 72741
Job Category : Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Supervisor
Business Unit: Gas Operations
Job Location : Fresno
Gas T&D Construction is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable flow of natural gas to our customers. As a whole, Gas T&D Construction is responsible for all aspects of PG&E’s gas distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, restoration and emergency response.
The GC In Line Inspection (ILI) team ensures projects are constructed safely and efficiently, with clear objectives, proper authorizations, procedures and documentation, and with assigned resources to meet scope, schedule, cost and quality commitments while maintaining clear communications to all stakeholders
Manages teams directly or indirectly involved in operations & maintenance of the gas transmission and distribution system including completing all planned/unplanned, emergent work and all mandated program work. Oversees personnel performing maintenance work, short-cycle construction work, and all mandated programs. Understands and implements the IBEW title 300 contract. This position will require system wide travel.
- DOT-Emergency Response
- Communicates business goals and objectives to the work group and holds all accountable to same.
- Completes and maintains all work documentation and/or reporting.
- Develops the business knowledge and technical skills of all field employees. Fosters teamwork within work group and across all company functions.
- Ensures all associated paperwork and work packages are accurate.
- Ensures mandated compliance dates and regulations are met
- Ensures that customers' needs and expectations are met; ensures clear, professional, proactive communication with customers.
- Ensures that work is executed safely including personal and public safety metrics
- Ensures work is executed within scope, schedule and cost expectations
- Facilitates weekly team meetings/tailboards and adjunct training as needed.
- Fully implements and holds subordinates accountable for safety best practices and adherence to the safety accountability model. Ensures full compliance with the Injury & Illness Prevention Program, working closely with area Safety Program Coordinators.
- Identifies and pursues productivity improvements and implements work practices to reduce operating costs while meeting corporate and regulatory compliance.
- Leads root-cause investigations on all PG&E at-fault dig-ins and/or reportable events.
- Manages a team a team of gas craft employees, ensuring compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements and alignment with company values.
- Manages a team of union represented employees
- Manages emergency responses to all requests including equipment maintenance, ensuring employees respond in a timely manner and provide total quality service.
- Monitors compliance to standards and specifications, to achieve high quality work the first time done. Develops action plans to address deficiencies in process or employee skill/knowledge and tracks the progress of those plans.
- Monitors the Gas Operator Qualification (OQ) Program and ensures compliance. Maintains craft qualification records for employees, such as welding and plastic fusion as required by CPUC.
- Oversees both projects and 2nd party contracting within the area of responsibility
- Reviews all department maintenance documents for accuracy and completeness prior to filing for future reference or for audit purposes.
- Serves customers by providing timely completion of gas maintenance, gas construction, transmission & regulatory work, and or gas damage control.
- High School or GED-General Educational Development-GED Diploma
- Experience in gas industry, 5 years
- CA Class C License, or equivalent
- Ability to travel using personal vehicle
- Ability to pass federally mandated random drug and alcohol testing
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience in customer service
- Leadership experience, job-related
- Experience in gas utility
- Leadership experience, non-represented employees