Supervisor, Land Surveying-FresnoApply Date posted 08/01/2020
Requisition ID # 61621
Job Category : Environmental Management / Safety
Job Level : Supervisor
Business Unit: Shared Services
Job Location : Fresno
The Land Surveying & Engineering Support (LS&ES) group is a part of the Land Management (LM) organization which is responsible for providing land surveying, mapping and acquisition services in support of gas/electric transmission and distribution projects. Other LM responsibilities include the oversight and management of PG&E land assets which include fee properties and various land entitlements. PG&E owns nearly 200,000 acres of land spread across 48 California counties, from Shasta County on the north to Kern County on the south. The company is one of the largest private property owners in the state, and in addition manages thousands of acres of right-of-way easements for gas and electric facilities.
This position is responsible for managing a team of highly skilled employees in the Land Management field. The position will supervise land surveyors and land technicians in the South Valley area.
You must be able to travel at least 50% of the time to project sites or business partner offices.
- Professional responsibility for land surveying work associated with Transmission/Distribution lines of business.
- Responsible for administrative duties such as performance management, budgeting, workload scheduling, ensuring policies and procedures are followed, including risk procedures, and contractor management procedures.
- Provide leadership for assigned staff and inspires teamwork across the organization; plan and manage the professional development of the professionals assigned to them; connect staff to other experts in the organization; act as a staff advocate.
- Ensure work is completed in a timely and professional manner; provide guidance and mentoring to staff to help them successfully complete their work; help the manager take the lessons learned from the project reviews to improve the performance of the unit.
- Work with the management team to develop workload forecasts, staffing plans, and project assignments; work with other supervisors to assign staff to projects in a way to meet line of business (LOB) needs and professional development needs.
- Help provide consistency in decision making among the various offices regarding approaches and solutions to problems; work with the manager and other supervisors to build and/or implement common templates, tools, and procedures to assist their staff in their work.
- 8 years of experience working on technical projects, managing project teams, and/or supervising direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in land surveying, geomatics, business, environmental resources, engineering, land use, or related field
- California licensed Land Surveyor (LS)
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license or ability to obtain by first day of employment
- Proven leadership qualities and supervisory experience in providing proper coaching and feedback
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service
- Ability to work in a team environment with focus in diversity and inclusion
- Experience in promoting accountability and safety