Electric Line Assistant (IBEW)- Transmission and Distribution- Livermore
Requisition ID # 125231
Job Category: Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location: Livermore
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
The Electric Line Assistant is a beginning level classification represented by the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) local 1245, which has over 100 years of experience representing employees at PG&E. This job is subject to collective bargaining.
Employees in this classification will assist journeyman or apprentice lineman/cable splicer in performing required work. This employee will perform semi-skilled work which may include the use of hand and portable power tools not requiring precision. The employee will assist in overhead and underground line construction, maintenance and other miscellaneous semi-skilled work.
To better represent the communities we serve, applicants who live within 50 miles of the headquarter location will be given preference.
This position may be a DOT (Department of Transportation) covered classification and is subject to random drug and/or alcohol screening.
- Drive a truck and maneuver it at the job site as required in connection with the maintenance, construction and operation of overhead and underground electrical facilities
- Assist with ground work, perform traffic control work, maintain tools and material on the truck in good order and drive all-terrain vehicles
- Setting and anchoring poles as well as setting and installing overhead structures
- Assists crew in removing facilities, preparing cable for pulling, climbing ladders, working in trenches, framing poles and building cross arms
- Operate hydraulic equipment, including tamper, ground rod driver and spade, as well as line truck, digger derrick, crane and forklift
- Work may include the use of a computer to complete field clerical duties
- Must possess a High School diploma or GED
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must possess and maintain a California Class C Driver’s License by first day of employment
- Must obtain a California Class A permit within 3 months of hire and a Class A Driver’s License within 6 months of hire
- Must have ability to lift 50 pounds to waist at least one time a day
- Must be willing to work flexible shifts with extended hours
- Must be able to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- California Class A Driver’s License
- To better represent the communities we serve, applicants who live within 50 miles of the headquarter location will be given preference
- Relevant Hiring Hall Experience
- Experience in construction
- Mechanical experience
- Completion of various skilled trade courses
- Graduate of a PG&E PowerPathway Program
- Graduate of the Cypress Mandela Construction Apprentice program, or other physical trade program
- Military experience
PG&E Employees: You must have qualified on all prerequisite tests prior to submitting an application, and all secondary tests prior to interviewing. For more information on prerequisite and secondary exams, including study guides, please visit the Pre-employment testing program website.
- Physical Test Battery
- Post-Offer Physical Assessment Lineworkers
- Work Orientation Inventory-Physical/Technical Driving