Senior Technical Training Instructor (Cable Splicer)
Requisition ID # 136783
Job Category: Human Resources
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Operations - Other
Job Location: Livermore
Operations Support is dedicated to creating cross-commodity consistency and standards in Operations. The team provides support services guided by best practices and a relentless pursuit for improvement. It has single points of accountability for Work Management & Resource Planning, Execution Support, Business Operations & Process Improvement, PG&E Academy, and Enterprise Public Works. Operations Support is comprised of approximately 1,000 coworkers.
Prepares and delivers technical training, evaluates and reports on student progress and success. Maintains subject matter expertise and industry knowledge and participates in curriculum design to deliver the best training possible. Conducts technical instruction, student evaluation & record keeping, and research & continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate all job responsibilities of a career instructor.
- Act as role model safety.
- Manage classroom environment including technology and behavioral issues.
- Effectively transfer knowledge as measured by survey results and supervisor observation.
- Consistently deliver instruction to achieve modular course objectives per facilitator guide.
- Deliver course curriculum to students and provide feedback to curriculum development team to improve training.
- Lead all training courses in the apprentice cable splicer program which include, but are not limited to, cable splicing fundamentals, rigging, transformer connections, primary and secondary troubleshooting, operating fault locating equipment, network systems, completing switch logs, and reading construction sketches and circuit maps.
- Review course feedback and partner with curriculum development to implement change where needed.
- Share outcomes, observations, trends, gaps and student issues with employee leadership that contribute to the remediation plan.
- Adopt and integrate new work methods and procedures into training delivery methods.
- Promote a respectful and collaborative relationship with all stakeholders.
- Adjust delivery method to accommodate various learner styles.
- Proctor and administers exams per HR-7202S
- Effectively demonstrate all hands-on activities associated with building splices and terminations on all types of underground primary cable
- High School or GED-General Educational Development-GED Diploma
- 3 years of related job experience in respective trade (Cable Splicer)
- Mastery of skillset in which training will be delivered
- Must obtain PG&E internal training certification requirement within 12 months of job start date
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Prior technical training experience