Compliance & Risk Consultant, Career (Flexible Location)
Requisition ID # 105122
Job Category : Compliance / Risk / Quality Assurance
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location : Merced
The Electric Operations NERC O&P / CAISO Oversight Team provides oversight for NERC Operations and Planning (O&P) electric transmission regulatory requirements and CAISO Tariff/TCA Commitments. This includes ensuring that all NERC O&P Standard compliance requirements and CAISO Commitments are known, have documented processes, and that evidence of compliance exists as it relates to PG&E’s TOP, TO, TP, RP, and DP functional registrations. The NERC O&P / CAISO Compliance Oversight department provides compliance oversight related audits, non-compliance events, data requests, self-reports, mitigation commitments, internal controls, etc.
The Compliance & Risk Consultant supports the development, implementation, and maintenance of the framework for compliance and/or risk management. May be assigned to support a specific department or area of the business. Scope may be limited to one regulatory agency or may include multiple agencies, laws, and regulations applicable to a specific department or area of the business. Supports revisions to the compliance and/or risk programs and tools as needed based on changes to applicable laws, regulations, and standards. For risk management, develops and maintains a risk register, coordinating with various risk owners to track operational & enterprise risks and the effectiveness of risk mitigation activities. Partners with Subject Matter Experts (SME), Requirement/Risk Owners, and business SMEs to develop controls, and metrics to hold the assigned owners accountable for compliance and/or risk management performance. Supports change management, training, and communication of compliance standards, processes & results and/or risk management standards and risk analyses & assessments. The Compliance & Risk Consultant may also act as a liaison with regulatory agencies and respond to data/reporting inquiries.
Posistion is flexible within PG&E territory.
• Collaborates with the team developing program oversight processes and monitors implementation of said processes to manage the EO NERC O&P / CAISO Compliance framework.
• Performs compliance & control testing, audits, or other validation processes and analyzes risk or compliance metrics.
• May provide support for responses to regulatory data requests, investigations, audits, self-reports, mitigation plans, and other inquiries.
• Maps compliance / risk requirements, controls, and mitigations to guidance documents and drafts/revises guidance documents.
• Verifies reports, audits documentation, and validates content in database / risk register.
• May participate in cause analysis exercises and support extent of condition reviews.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
2+ years of relevant experience in at least one (or a combination) of the following:
- Managing compliance frameworks / regulatory oversight
- Utility Operations
- Internal controls development
- Program Management
- Investigations and Cause Evaluation
Knowledge of use of Microsoft Office Suite
Bachelor’s degree desired
Demonstrates full understanding of regulatory policy and compliance
concepts, and/or risk management.
Knowledge of assigned area of business including processes and procedures
Basic knowledge of internal control concepts and/or risk analysis & assessment
Strong analytical (qualitative & quantitative) and problem-solving skills
Strong written and verbal communication