Engineering Estimator - Electric (ESC); MercedI'm Interested Date posted 10/15/2020
Requisition ID # 47263
Job Category : Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location : Merced
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response. We also partner closely with the government agencies for PG&E and their own projects.
This position is represented by Engineers and Scientists of California (ESC) subject to collective bargaining.
In this position, you will be required to obtain an Autodesk Certified User (ACU) certificate or a two-year technical degree in Drafting within the first 12 months of hire.
This position requires a 24 month lock per the ESC contract.
- Prepare cost estimates and construction plans.
- Make field sketches and prepare layouts for construction of additions or improvements to electric or gas systems of such a nature that the plans and methods are embodied in existing standards, specifications, rules, and regulations.
- Estimate labor and material costs; initiate right-of-way procedures, licenses, permits, etc., and perform such other work as required to prepare the estimate in final form.
- Perform customer to agency contact, project coordination.
- Prepare final sketch or layout and cost estimates for more complex jobs from field notes prepared by an employee in a higher classification.
- Possess high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have a valid Class C California Driver's License or ability to obtain by first day of employment
- Must obtain an Autodesk Certified User (ACU) certificate or a two-year technical degree in Drafting within the first 12 months of hire
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, civil or related engineering field or any combination of training, education, and work experience
- 2 years of experience with AutoCAD (2009 or later version)
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Experience with web-based software (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, etc)
- 1 year of experience using SAP
- 1 year of utility operations knowledge and experience
- Internal PG&E employees: Must have qualified on the Physical Test Battery (PTB) and Work Orientation Inventory (WOI)* exams prior to applying; must qualify on Technical Test (TECH) prior to interviewing
- External and Hiring Hall applicants: Must qualify on the Physical Test Battery (PTB) and Technical Test (TECH) exams and Work Orientation Inventory (WOI)* exams prior to interviewing
* Note: Employees applying via URA do not need to meet requirement if held the same or higher classification in the line of progression.