Field Safety Specialist, Associate
Requisition ID # 118260
Job Category : Environmental Management / Safety
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Enterprise Health & Safety
** Locations available are in Napa areas.
This will be supporting the Electric Distribution Contractor Safety.
EH&S Field Safety focus is on the safety of PG&E’s employees & contractors by empowering and influencing workers to believe in safe practices for self and others through safety connections and meaningful engagement while communicating the “why” behind safe practices. To influence a value-driven safety culture.
Works to detect, prevent and mitigate safety risks. Provides subject matter expertise on field observations and provides consultation and guidance on corrective action development. Collaborates with and supports line of businesses on safety issues. Communicates safety trends and recommend corrective actions. Serves as a resource for the development, implementation, and sustainability of the various companywide safety initiatives.
• Conducts field and driver observations.
• Supports compliance with applicable programs (Respirator, hearing, ergo).
• Serves as a Safety subject matter expert for LOB supervisors and field employees.
• Consults with LOB Supervisors on incident investigations, SIAP completion and corrective actions development.
• High School Diploma or GED
• BA/ BS or equivalent experience, preferably in environmental health and safety, occupational safety, industrial hygiene, engineering or science
• Safety Professional Certification (e.g., Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Safety Professional, Certified Hazardous Materials Management)
• Solid knowledge of PG&E safety procedures and the Code of Safe Practices.
• Solid knowledge of Cal/OSHA general industry and construction safety orders and basic knowledge of other recognized safety regulations and standards (e.g., ANSI, NFPA, Fed/OSHA, etc.).
• Proficient at conducting and evaluating root cause analysis investigations and evaluating the effectiveness of corrective actions.
• Proficient at conducting hazard evaluations for complex jobs and recommending appropriate controls.
• Knowledge of job safety analysis.
• Knowledge of quality corrective action understanding.
• Knowledge of office and field ergonomics.
• Demonstrates skill in delivering clear, understandable oral presentations to groups.