Business Analyst-Flexible Location
Requisition ID # 139704
Job Category: Business Operations / Strategy
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Engineering, Planning & Strategy
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Oakland
The Clean Energy Transportation (CET) group is focused on accelerating the adoption of clean vehicles in California. We serve PG&E’s customers by deploying electric vehicle charging stations under several infrastructure programs. Since 2017, we have served 120+ customers with 2,300+ EV charging stations, provided EV rebates to 130,000 customers, and enrolled 61,000 customers in our EV rates.
Our team helps California meet its clean transportation goals and works to address one of the largest contributors to climate change. We do this by focusing on safety and quality, investing in our team’s success, solving problems and striving to be better, working as an integrated team, and building trusted relationships. Our values are: we collaborate and we are intellectually curious. We are looking to collaborate with passionate, thoughtful people who want to make a real impact. Come join our team and help drive the transition to clean energy transportation.
News article describing some of the exciting work we’ve done recently: Installing Nearly 5,000 Electric Vehicle Charging Ports, PG&E Drives More Clean Transportation Access Across Northern and Central California | Business Wire
CET’s Program Management Office (PMO) provides operational and financial tracking and oversight of CET’s programs, ensuring that these programs serve PG&E’s customers safely, reliably, and affordably while enabling the achievement of ambitious clean energy transportation adoption goals.
Within the PMO, the CET Business Analyst, will be responsible for providing support to both new and legacy programs. The Business Analyst will serve as the primary point of contact for customers inquiring about our sunset EV programs. The analyst will also be responsible for assisting with the deployment of new products in Salesforce. The CET PMO is seeking a driven and inquisitive candidate to undertake specific project work that may include:
Legacy Program Support
- Field and address questions received from customers for sunset programs
- Intake, coordinate, and drive data request responses for sunset programs
- Develop solutions to issues that arise following program closures
New Program Support
- Support deployment of new products in Salesforce platform
- Coordinate business requirements amongst multiple stakeholders & SMEs, and synthesize into meaningful enhancements to the system
- Support UAT (user acceptance testing) of new products & features
- Build reports to QA workflow processes & check data integrity of user inputs
- Tracks status of defects, supports Super Users in case resolution, and communicates fix timelines to CET stakeholders
- Document key decisions & workflows for new system, and create training resources for internals teams to utilize the system
- Support efforts to engage business users on using Salesforce in their day-to-day work, and seek continuous improvement of the system by gathering user feedback
This position is hybrid, working from your remote office and your assigned work location based on business need.
Performs analysis on moderately complex data models selecting from various reports and data options.
Determines data needs, collects data, selects from different analytical techniques to achieve desired data outcomes.
Understands business needs, develops new reports and performs custom/ad-hoc reporting working independently. Presents findings to various audiences.
Performs basic research internally and externally. Communicates with peers inside and outside the department exchanging ideas or gathering information.
Participates on project teams.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Job-related experience, 2 years
- Strongly desired: experience with appropriate software tools, currently Salesforce and SAP
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Proficiency in Excel and the ability to develop reports and models
- Ability to work in a team environment and support fellow team members
- Takes initiative and can work independently with minimal direction