Capital Accounting Analyst
Requisition ID # 144542
Job Category: Accounting / Finance
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Finance
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Oakland; Alameda; Alta; Angels Camp; Antioch; Auberry; Auburn; Avenal; Avila Beach; Bakersfield; Balch Camp; Bear Valley; Belden; Bellota; Belmont; Benicia; Berkeley; Brentwood; Brisbane; Buellton; Burney; Buttonwillow; Calistoga; Campbell; Canyon Dam; Canyondam; Capitola; Caruthers; Chico; Clearlake; Clovis; Coalinga; Colusa; Concord; Concord; Corcoran; Cottonwood; Cupertino; Daly City; Danville; Davis; Dinuba; Downieville; Dublin; Emeryville; Eureka; Fairfield; Folsom; Fort Bragg; Fortuna; Fremont; French Camp; Fresno; Fresno; Fulton; Garberville; Geyserville; Gilroy; Goodyear; Grass Valley; Guerneville; Half Moon Bay; Hayward; Hinkley; Hollister; Holt; Houston; Huron; Jackson; Kerman; King City; Lakeport; Lemoore; Lincoln; Linden; Livermore; Lodi; Loomis; Los Banos; Lower Lake; Madera; Magalia; Manteca; Manton; Mariposa; Martell; Marysville; Maxwell; Menlo Park; Merced; Meridian; Millbrae; Milpitas; Modesto; Monterey; Montgomery Creek; Morgan Hill; Morro Bay; Moss Landing; Mountain View; Napa; Needles; Newark; Newman; Novato; Oakdale; Oakhurst; Oakley; Olema; Orinda; Orland; Oroville; Palo Alto; Palo Cedro; Paradise; Parkwood; Paso Robles; Petaluma; Pioneer; Pismo Beach; Pittsburg; Placerville; Pleasant Hill; Point Arena; Potter Valley; Quincy; Rancho Cordova; Red Bluff; Redding; Richmond; Ridgecrest; Rio Vista; Rocklin; Roseville; Round Mountain; Sacramento; Salinas; San Bruno; San Carlos; San Francisco; San Francisco; San Jose; San Luis Obispo; San Mateo; San Rafael; San Ramon; San Ramon; Sanger; Santa Cruz; Santa Maria; Santa Nella; Santa Rosa; Selma; Shaver Lake; Sonoma; Sonora; South San Francisco; Springville; Stockton; Storrie; Taft; Tracy; Turlock; Twain; Ukiah; Vacaville; Vallejo; Walnut Creek; Wasco; Washington; Watsonville; West Sacramento; Wheatland; Whitmore; Willits; Willow Creek; Willows; Windsor; Winters; Woodland; Yuba City
Capital Accounting plays a critical role in ensuring the accuracy of PG&E's financial information related to Plant, Accumulated Depreciation, Construction Work in Progress, Assets Acquisitions, Sales, Retirements, Nuclear Decommissioning accounting and Asset Retirement Obligations. The team works with various stakeholders throughout PG&E to maintain effective oversight and understanding of the Company’s capital expenditures and capital related business processes. The work of our department is key to the Company and provides challenge and variety including application of appropriate accounting treatment and analyses under GAAP, FERC, Tax and SEC reporting for transactions relating to capital assets at PG&E.
The Capital Accounting Analyst will be joining a team who, collectively, is responsible for ensuring the integrity of the fixed assets portion of the balance sheet by providing timely and efficient accounting for PG&E’s fixed assets. This position’s primary responsibilities will be performing monthly and quarterly Nuclear Decommissioning Trust (NDT) activities, significant addition and retirement assessments, and upfront job estimate reviews to ensure proper accounting for projects marked operative throughout the year.
This position is hybrid, working from your remote office and your assigned work location based on business need. The assigned work location will be within the PG&E Service Territory.
PG&E is providing the hourly rate range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual hourly rate paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity. This job is also eligible to participate in PG&E’s discretionary incentive compensation programs.
The hourly rate for this position ranges from $33.17 to $50.00.
- Monitors and develops monthly reports and provides record of assets, liabilities and/or other transactions.
- Assists in the month-end closing process including journal entry preparation.
- Prepares monthly account reconciliations, including communications with appropriate internal and external business partners to understand / resolve reconciling items.
- Prepares monthly variance analysis.
- Assists in the preparation of supporting documentation for SEC and regulatory filings.
- Analyzes accounting transactions and/or regulatory decisions and records the resulting accounting entries.
- Communicates issues identified to Supervisors in a timely manner.
- Actively participates in the process of researching issues and proposing solutions.
- Documents conclusions and communicate with external parties (e.g., Deloitte).
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of assigned sections and the ability to respond to inquiries.
- Provides supporting documentation and explanations to internal and external auditors.
- Selects methods, approaches, and tactics to resolve problems and obtain solutions.
- May participate on project teams.
- BA/BS in Accounting, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 2 years of recent relevant accounting experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Three or more years relevant Public Accounting experience
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Knowledge of GAAP and SEC
- Good research and issue resolution skills
- Ability to assess and recommend solutions for assigned projects
- Ability to prioritize, plan, perform and communicate activities both in written and verbal form
- Demonstrates full understanding of fundamental technical / professional concepts